SUN AND MOON TAROT POCKET...in a TIN

Le Fanu

*gritting teeth*

But there are so many others that I'd...

I'm very happy for those who are fans :)

G6

Awesome!

Wish they'd do the Nigel Jackson Tarot in a Tin!

rylla

I had this deck but got rid of it. Nice and pleasant deck but the figures were so small on it. I could not depict their facial expression. A mini deck? I would see only black shadows :) and no details whatsoever (or maybe I should buy some glasses :)

Citrin

I love the original deck! Such an easy read and beautiful colors. :) But I hate small decks so this isn't my thing... :)

MissChiff

Is this the deck that's reminiscent of the Thoth?

sephie

Will it be borderless? I wish publishers would do that for mini tarots.

Myrrha

It seems like an odd choice. It can't be one of their most popular decks and the artwork, with figures very small in relation to the vast spaces they occupy, doesn't seem suitable for a mini deck.

FaintlyMacabre

I had to search this one and I think the tin will probably be beautiful. The deck seems like one I can live w/o.

Diana

earthair

I had this deck but got rid of it. Nice and pleasant deck but the figures were so small on it. I could not depict their facial expression. A mini deck? I would see only black shadows :) and no details whatsoever (or maybe I should buy some glasses :)

Agree! Maybe they will crop the images so the people are less surrounded by space? That might work, but will totally change the vibe of the deck...

Nemia

I bought this deck, and today it arrived.

(For a discussion of the artwork and concept, I found this older thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2172008#post2172008)

I find the borders a bit too thick but I don't want it to swoosh around in its tin so I won't trim them. Black borders bother me less than others. I may try to black out the keywords, they limit the meaning of each card.

Since the cards show scenes in wide shot, there is less flow anyway between the cards and each image is more self-contained. I'm looking forward to see how that will work in readings.

The art looks to me like a love child of Dreaming Way and Anna K. - somewhere between those two. The big feet are a bit too "cute" for me but that's until now my only complaint. I knew what I was getting and I still like it. Many images look like a PG version of the Thoth, without its esoteric-symbolic depth. But I have the Thoth in my head anyway and appreciate this deck on its own merits.