Touchstone Tarot~ The Magician

All Is One

Now that Morticia mentioned the pin, I wish I could see it better.

I also see a dove in front of him, but it looks like it is lightly perched on the toy world he is holding. The little toy world seems to have a dove siting on it and ribbons coming from it that he has twined around his fingers.

I have a strange feeling that there is no hair under the turban.

I think that he has shaven his head in a ritualistic act of symbolic sacrifice.

The wood and such were also things I did not notice before!

Quester

If it IS the world that is represented by the tiny globe that he is holding it could be he is pointing out that even something as large as the world can be manageable if you have the right "tools" Just look at how small it can be!!:bugeyed:

minrice

I like his look, he's like a dark mysterious to me. Hypnotic.
That's funny he pulled his appearing act with you too Morticia! lol.
I don't think he has hair either AIO, perhaps sacrificial yes, and he feels rather Asian to me. Perhaps he's into fasting and yoga too along with being clean shaven! I think what is also cool about him is that he looks so "normal" for a magician, meaning that I think he looks believeable! (spelling?) Like you really could be an apprentice from him, and he feels more real to me than the magician in my beloved Morgan Greer.

morticia monroe

I'm not sure it's a globe he's holding. Because the smells and odors during those times could be rather *ahem* INTENSE, people wore pomanders of gold and silver that hung by a chain or cord around the waist.

All Is One

Morticia....what about a pomander that looked like a globe and smelled like oranges and was still the center of the world?

morticia monroe

All Is One said:
Morticia....what about a pomander that looked like a globe and smelled like oranges and was still the center of the world?

Hmmm,,,,,that's a poser,,,,,, ok, throw a clove in it, and I'm on board.

As you wish, lovely Cajun Queen.

minrice

Did I say incense at first? Or did I go with tea strainer instead? lol.

morticia monroe

minrice said:
Did I say incense at first? Or did I go with tea strainer instead? lol.
Kind of a combination of both, huh? Good eye, Min.

minrice

:)
It looks like a very miniature version of the HUGE incense burner the priests would swing down the aisle during Easter mass. I'm not even kidding, the sucker was huge and was swung.

morticia monroe

minrice said:
:)
It looks like a very miniature version of the HUGE incense burner the priests would swing down the aisle during Easter mass. I'm not even kidding, the sucker was huge and was swung.

LOL, ahh yess, the giant Catholic smokebomb,,,always reminded me of when beekeepers "smoke" their bees to make them calm,,, :)