Karmic Thread Spread

lawguy51

Hi ATs. I have never created a spread for myself so now I've gone and done it. And I just gave myself a reading and it was pretty freaky so I thought I'd share this spread with you. I'm sure there have been other karma spreads but here's mine. I used a fan and selected 9 cards but you flippers can go ahead and flip :

1. Main karmic lesson you brought into this life

2. Past life actions that necessitated the lesson

3. Past life attitudes or emotions that necessitated the lesson

4. Tests you have passed in this life

5. Tests yet to pass

6. Actions required to achieve Karmic goal

7. Attitude or emotions required to achieve Karmic goal

8. Karmic goal in this life

9. A Karmic gift (insight into achieving your goal)

The spread goes like this:

Give it a whirl and/or give me suggestions or input.

Lawguy51

Moongold

Lawguy51

I never frequent this section so it must have been karma which brought me here.

I used the Ancient Egyptian for your spread and the results are eerily accurate...... stunningly so in fact. The Tarot is being quite straightforward with me at present and the answers in this reading are so congruent with what I know already there were tears in my eyes.

Excellent spread. I think it is a classic actually. I like Position no.9 Karmic gift (Insight into achieving goal).

I,m not thrilled about the word "tests" because I'm not they are tests. Perhaps "tasks" or " learning" would be better.

Moongold

lawguy51

:) :) Moongold, I'm delighted! Task is a good word, yes. I suppose I think of them as tests because you have to repeat the grade if you fail. I just spent too much darn time in school this life! Thanks for trying it out and your support. I too rarely venture into this forum. I'm glad we both did.

[edit] I forgot to mention that my friend, George, suggested the ninth position be something uplifting for the questioner, a gift from the cards, hence the naming of the position. Thanks G.

[second edit] Taking Moongold's good advice, I've re-phrased positions 4 and 5 as follows:

4. Tasks you have achieved or completed in this life

5. Tasks you have yet to achieve or complete in this life

Lawguy51

poivre

Thanks for the spread.

I tried it out and just one thing, I need help!

For the number 4, Tests that you have passed in this life, I pulled the 4 of Swords and drew a blank.
I think this means seeing the otherside of situations or dealing with death.
The rest of the spread I did fine but this I just can't get this morning.

Thanks for any input.

The spread is great!

wildchilde

Thanks LawGuy! This looks really interesting. I have recently had several people asking for "karma" information and this one looks very insightful! Will try it out on myself and see where it leads.

wildchilde

ros...

you didn't say what deck you were using, but I thought I would add here that I just did a spread for someone who had the 4 of Swords come up. This was using the Wheel of Change deck and the imagery is very powerful.

In your reading position I am taking this card to mean that the test (task) you have passed in this life is one of using your inner resources (mental, physical, emotional) wisely to complete your life tasks and have been able to ground yourself to avoid burnout as it were (presence of the 4th sword). The card is also a symbol of willing spiritual sacrifice...utilizing the ability to focus your energy thus to become a conduit...using these inner resources in communication with the God(s). In other words...you have achieved Balance of the emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual.

Perhaps it would help to compare this with the 5th position (task you have not met) and see what strengths of your Inner Balance you could bring to meeting that task.

Hope this helps!

poivre

Thanks wildchilde!

Yes I understand this now. The spread is very accurate.

My tests yet to pass ~ The Magician.

The Universal Waite deck is what I used.

lawguy51

Great interpretation Wildchilde.

It isn't often that one gets to see the first layout of a spread so I thought I'd share the inaugural spread I did with all of you for your viewing pleasure. You'll see why I very excitedly decided to post the spread. It gave some pretty obvious info to me. For some reason, I didn't pull out my Thoth deck to do the first reading for myself. Something compelled me to use the Universal Waite, which I rarely use as T of Prague is my goto RWS deck.

1. The Tower
2. The Hanged man
3. The Hermit
4. Knight of Swords
5. The Sun
6. King of Pentacles
7. Ace of Cups
8. 10 of Swords
9. King of Wands

4 majors, 2 kings and an Ace. YIKES!!

Lawguy51

Moongold

Wow! I see what you mean, LawGuy

Using the Ancient Egyptian, mine were:

• 1. Two of Cups
    2. Three of Disks
    4. Five of Swords
    5. Hierophant
    6. Fool
    7. Prince of Swords
    8. Temperance
    9. Princess of Cups

The Ancient Egyptian interpretations vary a little from the traditional Rider Waite. I cannot tell you how much this throw resonated with me right now.

The pips I got seemed to me to be lessons from past situations. The Courts were just right. The important things are the attributes of these characters that I need to pay attention to. And the majors I see as soul directions I need to take. Interesting was the Two of Cups as the karmic lesson and Temperance as the karmic goal. Temperance holds two cups literally. Balance and integration spiritually and in the most practical sense. The Hierophant is the personality and soul card of my current partner, so I am still thinking about whether there is any connection!

The integration/balance concept for me is very pertinent. It is about soul and shadow stuff but also about the practical application of spiritual concepts at this stage of my life. Prince of Swords has the same problem as I but the intellect/will to achieve this, and Princess of Cups does it in a magical way. The Fool in the position he holds here at this time of my life is so accurate I laughed out loud. Delight :)

I think the questions in the spread are simple, clear and to the point - much more so than I have seen in similar spreads - so the Tarot responds in a similarly direct and unambivalent way.

Great spread.

Moongold

ros said:
Thanks for the spread.

I tried it out and just one thing, I need help!

For the number 4, Tests that you have passed in this life, I pulled the 4 of Swords and drew a blank.
I think this means seeing the otherside of situations or dealing with death.
The rest of the spread I did fine but this I just can't get this morning.

Thanks for any input.

The spread is great!

Ros, I wondered what the rest of your throw was because 4 Swords may need to be seen in context with the others. In addition to your suggested interpretations it may well mean something like taking a quietly reflective role in life, recuperating from the work of previous lives, taking a less "intellectual" role in life and using your heart instead.

I think the meaning may depend on the what you feel alongside the messages of the other cards.

Edited to add: I just read Wildechilde's interpretation which is superb. I had not seen it before ... duh!

Moongold