8 of pentacles reversed:relationship reaction:help!

ladyofhearts

i was doing a relationship reading for a friend and, the 8 of pents reversed apppeared pertaining to how he wants her to react, after he made several attempts at contact. now, 8 of pents normally has to do with work and money. there is no work or money in the relationship between either of them. i am a little stumped on this one. the only thing i could figure out is that he wants her to make the relationship less, "work," and react back. what do you think? how else could this be interpreted?

Thirteen

ladyofhearts said:
i was doing a relationship reading for a friend and, the 8 of pents reversed apppeared pertaining to how he wants her to react, after he made several attempts at contact.
8/Pents is often the "apprentice" card, and it always indicates hard work. Think chores and paying your dues.

NOW does that reversed card make sense in regards to how he wants her to react? .

Reversed 8/Pents would say to me that he doesn't want her to react as if making contact with him was a chore, work, or, for that matter, a new job. He is hoping that she'll react as if this is a pleasure, not business. And as if it was nothing new that requires a lot of effort, but is, instead, old hat. Effortless. Natural.

Add to that the fact that Pentacles are often slow, and he likely wants a fast reaction, and also that pents are often about the physical, and he likely doesn't want her to react as if he's been making booty calls. He doesn't want her to think, at least, that he's only after sex.

The most interesting thing about this card, and that you need to talk to him about, is that it's all about what he doesn't want from her, as compared to what he does want from her. Ask him if he tends to think in the negative about relationships. That is, if he's had such bad responses from girls that all he does is hope they *won't* react this bad way or that bad way, rather than hoping they *will* react in this good way or that good way.

ladyofhearts

thanx!!! YES, AND AMEN TO THAT!!!! thanks for putting a more enlightened spin on that card. he has pressured her for months to renew things and she has totally blown him off and ignored him. he persisted. i agree, he wanted her to react FAST, and not to think all he wanted was sex. (BUT, the thing is the devil card then feel out next to the 8 of pents..) so, i see that as all he really wanted was a booty call, and was trying to temp her into this. not to mention, the devil card is one of obsession. the way he persued her to me, he was obsessive. i agree he wanted things to go on as before, "old hat," like nothing happened. YES, again, he has alot of bad experience with women. he does have a tendency to walk on eggshells with women, hoping they will react one way and not another. and a tendency to be a total DOORMAT in certain relationships , to the point where it affected his own personal happiness, integrity, and character. this is especially true in the case which a woman treats him like her personal doormat...he cannot seem to do enough for her. i see MAJOR issues here with this guy......

Thirteen

Glad to help :)

nisaba

Yeah, and the card might be in this instance about making an effort: reversed, it could say "Stop making such an effort!"

balenciaga

I think he does not want her to do anything, and it also looks to me as if he has stopped trying as well - his repeat efforts have come to naught.