The Faeries' Oracle (Froud)

slinky_jo

Well, I'm just wondering if there's any interest out there for others to join me in exploring the Faeries' Oracle. I've never created a group like this before, but I'm keen to share ideas with other like-minded fae folk ;)

kayne

Since I have nearly every Brian Froud book available (brag, brag, brag :D ) I would love to be part of this!

I have actually hardly got into the Faerie Oracle yet (with all the other decks I have been exploring lately...) and would love to explore it with others. Great idea Slinky :)

Hush

oooh..

oooh cool :) i love the faerie oracle deck but lately i haven't had the time to connect with the faeries and the ncards properly..so much work, my tarot's been so neglected!
but id love to see what other people think :)

have you done the excersises in the book? what cards did you pick for your favourite and least favourite, and what did you get for your universal card (was that what it was called?)

coz, for my favourite i picked "himself", for my least favourite i picked "the sage" and my universal card turned out to be "gawtcha"...

faunabay

This is a great idea! Jewel and I have already been emailing about it. And I've been working with them pretty regularly. They have become real faeries and friends to me!

My favorite card is The Fairy Kissed by the Pixies. My least favorite is The Dark Lady. And the 3rd one (whatever it's called) was the Undressing of a Salad. :)

slinky_jo

freay deaky :D

Hey, I'm real glad that you guys are interested! I also have done a few of the exercises, but haven't started to explore them properly. Something is holding me back. When I see them on my bookshelf, I get all tingly and excited, yet part of me says "not yet"... Maybe this wee group is what I've been waiting for???

Sooooo - how do we go about working on this deck? do we post here, or set up some kind of group? Help me out, as I've never dont this sort of this before =/

PS - I am so excited! lol!

slinky_jo

PS - my fave card is the Spirit Dancer (36) and least favourite is the Soul Shrinker (55). Universal card was Ta'Om the Poet (29).

.dc

i have been working with this deck for a few months now... mostly in conjunction with my 3 card daily readings (sorta as a helper) but i would love to hear and expand the usage to just the cards alone.

my favorite... the friends... i love the lil hedgepig one.

blessed be and great idea,
.dc

Summerdream

I just recently got the Faeries Oracle too

My favorite card is the maiden.
Least favorite is the soul shrinker.
My universal card was the singer of transfiguration.
Would love to be part of a Faeries Oracle Study Group!!

slinky_jo

COOL!

Alrighty then!!! I guess we just wait for more people to add their three card exercises, and then we can move on to the other exercises ???

Jewel

My turn, my turn ~giggles~
As Faunabay mentioned, she and I have already been working together on this deck ... it is soooooo amazing and sooooooo alive! And like Faunabay I began almost immediately to have experiences with the Faeries! pretty neat! My three cards are: favorite - Indi (63); Least Favorite - Dark Lady (20); Message from the Universe - The Maiden (14).

As for adding a little structure to the study group so that is functional perhaps we could walk through the exercises like we have been doing in the 78 DW study group. We can start with the favorite card and go through the exercise, then the Least Favorite Card, then the Universal Message and finally put it all together as a 3 card reading.

I would also recommend that if we are to start this group up officially that we create some sort of label at the front of the posts to make things easier, for example "FO - Favorite Card" I would also encourage members of the group to comment as well as post, as this adds a lot to the experience.

So what do you guys think of those ideas?