merryday book - worth it?

Kyrea Gold

I searched the archives about the Merryday Tarot book and found a couple people awaiting the book but not the impressions after they had received the book.

So to anyone who has the book, is the book worth the $28?

Thanks!

Kyrea

lark

I'm from Wis. to!

Hi Kyrea Gold

I have this book and I'll give you a little run down. Most of this book I find totally mind boggling. There is a huge section on numerology. This book has 153 pages 1-90 is numerology. If you're into that you might like it. Pages 90-123 are actual descriptions of the cards. The rest of the book is a few card spreads and a section on symbols that she used in the cards. That I found interesting. If you really love this deck I'd say buy it. It's always valuable to have the author or artists perspective. But $28 is alot.

If you would like, post again and pick one card that you would like a description of. I'll tell you what the book says. Then you can get a feel for the depth of her description and see if it would be worth the money for you. Nameste

Kyrea Gold

hi lark -

thanks! i would love to get a feel for the book. how about the moon card.

where are you from in wisc? i am right on the mn border, between new richmond and somerset.

thanks again!

lee, thanks for the link to tarotpassages.

Kyrea

lark

Moon card! :laugh:

I'm laughing because it's my favorite card in the deck. O.K. this is what she says about her moon card.

A true 'hedgewitch" whose work is with healing herbs, wild edibles, and earth magic. Her training has been to discern the meanings of the seasons, cycles, the phases of the moon and how they relate to everyday life. She heals the animal and humans through intuition, practical knowledge of the ebb and flow of life, and a deep desire to serve. She not only heals the physical body but also people's emotional difficulties. This is the former Oracle who has now become a part of nature and the night, complete with her former mysteries and prophetic abilities. She now has a wolf dog as her ally and companion, a garden of healing herbs to cultivate and shares a home cave near the great sea, with a pathway leading to the moon.
The more negative aspects of the Moon card are neurosis, maudlin attitudes, irrational behavior, superstitions, somewhat strange, and irrresponsible. However, the moon is a masterpiece bringing necessary shade and shadows while recording and experiencing the cyclical nature of life and the innate desire to share and heal.

I'd love to live inside this card. Hope this helps you make your decision. I'm close to Milwaukee but out in the country. Glad to know there's a few of us in Wisc. Nameste
Let me know what you decide. Just curious.

Kyrea Gold

thanks for posting that, lark.

I will end up getting the book, probably with christmas money. if i own a deck without its companion book it drives me crazy.

kyrea

WolfSpirit

I got the merryday tarot at ebay last summer, but it was just the deck and I have been wondering about getting the book too.
It is on my wish list now, I think it is worth having although I find it frustrating there is so much information in it on numerology that I will not use and that makes the book so expensive. I have used the deck without the book and I find it still an easy to read deck, but I think the descriptions by Louisa Poole will make my readings deeper.
If you go to merrydaytarot.com you can read the introduction of the book and the table of contents.
I found the introduction an interesting read, makes me want to read the rest of the book (which is why she put it there of course ;) )

starsongs

Kyrea Gold said:
I searched the archives about the Merryday Tarot book and found a couple people awaiting the book but not the impressions after they had received the book.

So to anyone who has the book, is the book worth the $28?

Thanks!

Kyrea

Hi Kyrea,

A bit late posting, but will add my impressions just the same. I love the MerryDay Tarot book.

The numerology section really adds depth and breadth to the cards. The numerological chart, according to Louisa Poole's method, is well worth doing. A fun thing is to pick the cards you are most drawn to, then see if they show up (by numerical correspondence) in your own numerology chart according to her system...

I've used numerology with Tarot for a long time. I've never seen her system, and it's really more expansive and much more telling...

Her system includes numbers for Spiritual Destiny, Spirit Essence, Life Path, Key...just to name a few...a card in the deck will correspond to each one...

The 'meanings of the cards section', while much more brief than many accompanying books, is still very good. There is even a symbolism section...

You've probably gotten the book already, but maybe this will help someone else decide...:)

Blessings,
starsongs