"Wisp Wings Four Q. New Deck Spread"

Wisp Wings

"Wisp Wings' Four Q. New Deck Spread"

"Wisp Wings' Four Q. New Deck Spread" is one I created on Sept. 27th, 2004. I couldn't find the one I usually use for a new deck and trying to remember it as best I could, this is what I used. It gave great insight in the reading.

The Layout:

*****2*****
*****3***4*
*****1*****

Note nothing is laid to the left, as often it is for position used for the Past/"What is leaving". With a new deck there is no past with it.

Note in the following, the statements and questions are worded as such to show specific intent of how you plan to approach a partnership with the deck.

The Four Questions:

The Bottom Line....
1. What do you want me to know about you? (Base, The Foundation of Understanding)

From this Foundation we reach high.....
2. What most will you teach me? (Height of Learning)

Knowledge, even guidance is nothing complete without the heart added....
3. What will our relationship be like? (Core, The Heart)

Collaborating....
4. What do I need to do to help in aiding, with your help in advancing my spiritual development? (Propelling Future Growth)

Utuku

I haven't gotten a new deck recently, but I'm definitely adding this to my list of spreads! It looks like it'd help to 'open up' with a new deck very well. Also perhaps a good way to tell whether a deck is right for you or not.

Hmm.. Do you think this could this also work with stones/crystals? (I'm not really sure how to word this, but..) They also have several "conduits". With cards, each card is like a conduit, but they're more specific in what they say. Stones and crystals don't really "say" anything the way cards do, but they help guide you in a similar way. And that probably didn't make much sense..

TimJas

Looks like interesting!! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Evelyn ~

Wisp Wings

Utuku, I have thought a good long while on this spread to be used with crystals. After thinking on this long, I don't really see why it couldn't be. Largely you would be sending out your request for answers and between the crystals and your intuition, you would get your response. Of course it is going to be easier to interrupt from the cards. What about after cleansing and charging a crystal sit it on top of your deck and after a few hours ask the cards the questions for yourself about the crystal. Let the deck be the go-between.

TimJas, I used my Four Q. New Deck Spread when my Gilded Tarot was new and I got a fantastic reading with it! I am actually so very glad that I did this spread. I had almost abandoned the idea of doing a new deck spread. I have done many new deck spreads in the past and some were decent enough readings, some not. I was going to abandon them because I feel using your deck is how you best tend to bond with it. Of ocurse this is true. I couldn't find the three card new deck spread and I was just trying to remember what as in it and consentrating deeply on the questions I felt should be asked of a new deck. After this reading with the Gilded, I will always make a point of using "Wisp Wings' Four Q. New Deck Spread" with my new decks. I had a powerful and personal reading with it.

cormac

i never even thought of doing a spread for a new deck :) -- what a wonderful idea -- i'll work at it with my new rider-waite :)

mike gorth

cormac said:
i never even thought of doing a spread for a new deck
That's what I thought but this spread is completely applicable and informative.

Mike Gorth

Tabby

Great Spread

Great Spread! I'm adding it to my spread journal. Informative and helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Catmay

Great spread. I'm about to try it! Even though this is a "new deck" spread and therefore no "past" position, what if you are doing a reading for a new-but-previously-owned deck? What would you think about including a "past" position then to kind of get a feel for how the deck was used or was helpful for the previous owner?

bleu_bell

I used this with my new Golden Tarot deck and it was great. I especially loved the card I drew for the fourth question-- The Moon. How cool is that?
Thanks for sharing this.

anonymous_artist

awesome!! very useful spread