how to cleanse my cards

Menmay

I WANT TO CLEANSE MY CARDS, BUT I REALLY DONT HAVE THAT MUCH SPACE FOR AN ALTAR. I LIVE IN A STUDIO APARTMENT AND WELL IVE SAID IT ALL...ITS JUST A TINY LIVING SPACE. ANYHOW I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOWS A GOOD WAY TO CLEANSE YOUR CARDS??? WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO, I DID IT ONCE WHEN I GOT MY DECK BUT I FELT IT WAS WAY TO COMPLECATED. SO HERES WHAT I DONT HAVE, NOT THAT MUCH SPACE, PLUS IM SHORT ON MONEY. I KNOW THAT MONEY DOESNT MATTER BUT IWOULD REALLY LIKE TO BY SOME NEW SUFF FOR MY DECK =) SO CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME???? THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP.

MENMAY

MystiqueMoonlight

To be perfectly honest with you there is no one way to go about cleansing your deck. People tend to individualise their own methods.

I consecrate my new deck under a full moon using different tools and incantations. I won't use this deck until I have done so. Then I store it in my altar in a wooden box with a silver lid. The only reason for this is because my partner bought the box for me for this purpose, otherwise I would have it there in a bag or something.

I have no "cleansing" ritual. All I do is sit every so often and shuffle through the deck slowly, pausing every now and then to look at a card that may have caught my eye. I may do this for 5 minutes or for half an hour. For me that cleanses the deck.

There are more elaborate ways of going about this. Some will leave their deck under a full Moon with the relavent candles and incenses burning and recite an incantation, or whatever.

For me the shuffling is enough.

Blessed be....

Original Destiny

Diana...moonlight is concidered feminine...a softer light...Sun light is masculine...:TFOOL

cricket

In addition to the sun cleansing and moon cleansing, I've always let the air from a good rainstorm 'wash' my cards. Just open a protected window, spread the deck where the 'clean' air will get to the cards, and let it work wonders. :)

Menmay

Thanks

thank you all so much for giving me some helpful tips!!!

jade

i channel reiki (healing energy) thru my cards to cleanse them.

i've also, in the past, buried them in sea salt and put them in a window sill for 3 days and night during the full moon or dark moon..........full moon brings in positive energy and dark moon cleanses out negative energy. so it's the same thing, different moon!

in light,
jade :)

sarahenglish

Say What???

How do you do this? Can I just take my decks outside with me during a full moon? Do you spread them out? How do you use the pendulum? I couldn't possibly wait more than say, 10 minutes or as long as it takes me to get home to open and shuffle a new deck. Do you have to do it before you use it?

wavebreaker

I like your suggestion of using reiki to cleanse the cards, Jade!

I thought about that myself, but I haven't actually done it myself yet. Better give it a try! ;-)