Anybody tried soul collage?

Bean Feasa

The book Soul Collage by Seena Frost explains how to make a personal deck - I suppose you'd call it an oracle deck, by collecting images from newpapers and magazines and creating collages. The deck can have as many cards as you wish and is divided into 4 suits, one of which contains archetypes and in some cases is a bit like the major arcana of Tarot.
I've only made one card so far but have collected lots of images and now that I finally have a weekend with some me-time, am going to try another one or two. It's great fun, and some of the images are amazingly evocative.
The website has samples of cards people have made by this process - just click on 'card gallery'. Definitely worth a look:

http://www.soulcollage.com/home/index.php

Dear mods, I was a bit unsure where to place this - it could probably equally have gone in Spirituality or Oracle Decks. I tried it before on the Tarot Deck Creation board thinking it would attract the attention of the artistically minded, but it plummeted to the bottom of the ocean :( If you want to move it somewhere, that's absolutely fine by me.

Nevada

I've never seen that before, but I looked through the card gallery just now. Inspiring, to say the least. Thanks for the link.

Nevada

Little Baron

I saw this book recently. It reminded me of Darwinia. I thought it was the kind of thing that she might enjoy.

And I would very much like to try to. I have been having many thoughts about doing such a thing; not in a perfectionist way. Just getting it all down. This would be such a great thing to do and share on here, don't you think?

LB

Yora

That is beautifull crowqueen!!

I'm seeing myself doing some soulcollaging in the future also. :D

Bean Feasa

I like it crowqueen! And you've given me the courage to post mine.

Text goes: I am One who dances on the dark days.

Attachments

• Dancer3 copy.jpg
    Dancer3 copy.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 242

Little Baron

These are great. Really, they are.

And there is really something about the way they have been put together. No fancy 'photoshopping'. Just hands and scissors and glue and the soul.

Perfect. Might have a go in a bit. Have been working all day and could do with do something like this for a break.

LB

Little Baron

Just had a go at this and I am rubbish at it!

I can't let myself go at all. I am not happy to use any image. Or to trust that the one I pick is right. I was 'looking for them' with my mind, rather than letting my soul take over. I was too busy trying to control it and make a 'good' image, rather than see what happened. I think it depends what kind of magazines you have, as well.

LB

*Off to have another go*

Little Baron

Ok. Had another go and with better results. Ok, it's not perfect art. But I started with a picture and then I found one that contrasted everything I felt about the first. And then I kept going.

It's called 'My Space' and can be found here -
http://tongsoul.blogspot.com/

LB

Bean Feasa

That's really effective LB. I like the starkness of the contrast.
It's fun to do, isn't it?