Favorite Hippie Deck?

Mallah

Hey groovy chicks and cats!

What's yer favorite hippie deck...this is the one that takes you back to the 60's and 70's...you know, the one that you can imagine yourself on the grass, while dozens of people whirl around you wearing feathers and bells? You notice I don't say "sitting on" the grass...

...or perhaps you are on the BUS... passing out smoking incense sticks...

perhaps your name is "Sunflower Loveblossom" or "Chinacat"....

for me, it's gotta be:
The Morgan Greer
the Tarot of the Trance (drop in, tune in, turn on...)
and there's the "Pearls of Wisdom" which I do not own, but it also seems to be drawn by the patron saints of hallucinogenic mayhem....
and another one, the World Spirit, which I aspire to own....truly a Groovite deck.

And you?
Remember with me...I've got some Grateful Dead playin...for those of us who were there...(well, almost, born 1961...i think that qualifies...) what is about your deck that makes it hippie?

I'll tell you on mine...first, the Morgan Greer... it was published in '79...that's the year i graduated High School...but obviously drawn several years earlier..the colors and the woodcut look...the long hair on the guys...7 of pents...that's one Organic gardener, if you ask me...looks like Sonny Bono, no? And i'm not sure WHAT kind of party they got goin on over on top of the Wheel...but I wish they'd pass some over this way! That's my lady love on the Strength card... oh, and the 3 of cups... flowers in the hair... crazy... 9 of pents... I think I hear her playing some Ravi Shankar.....and the Lovers...well....hey, If you can't be with the one you love, Mama... 7 of cups...that's what I saw, last time MY room filled up with smoke like that, too! Well, there are just SO many other examples in this deck!!

And the Tarot of the Trance...well...I'm pretty sure what trendy chemical amusement aid helped in dreaming THIS one up! There are bugs and fish and little demons all over the thing! And flowers.... it's like Pepperland!

Makes me want a Peter Max Tarot!

Okay, I've taken a walk down memory lane...what about you...

Hippie (Hippy?) decks, anyone? And your other rememberances of that time? Get your swingy hippie skirts and fringey vests on and join me in the park...I'll roll us a big fattie and we can hang out...

RunningWild

Morgan's Tarot, which is of course, not a true tarot in the sense of RWS or Crowley...and I'm pretty sure I'd have to have more than a couple bongloads to get anything more than a chuckle out of it :laugh: But it does remind me of things like Woodstock, flowers, psychedelic visions, and California :laugh:

Glass Owl

I was born in the 70's and the Morgan Greer definitely make me feel like I'm a kid again. In fact, that's the reason why I was so drawn to it in the first place, its those colors. I love it.

Mallah

Ok, I'm gonna stroll over there now and take a look at it...isn't that the one (b&w, no?) that the drawings are all one line? Real sketchy....course that's the way I feel most days now, man.... here, hold my kaleidoscope...I'll go check it out...

Mallah-cat-cosmo-child

Sword King

I was born half a year before the summer of love, and although it's been quite some time since I smoked, well, anything....looking at the Linweave Tarot takes me back to the hippiedom my friends and I attempted to recreate amidst the synthesizer bleats of the mid-1980s.

Debra

linweave

I just got that one! It's psychedelic.

Mallah

running wild...CRAZY, Chickie-baby! Morgan's...That is one hip deck! Groovy...y'know, I saw colors, OF MY OWN???

Cool...he.

Hey, we're gonna get such a party goin in here, they're gonna smell us out in the forum hallway... maybe send the fuzz in....

Mallah

Hey...Morgans...and MORGAN greer? Am I seen' double...tha'ss ok...

Mallah

I was born half a year before the summer of love, and although it's been quite some time since I smoked, well, anything....looking at the Linweave Tarot takes me back to the hippiedom my friends and I attempted to recreate amidst the synthesizer bleats of the mid-1980s.

Linweave...groovy, baby! And of course it's Palladini...how could I forget the AQUARIAN, eh?

I'm pushed in, AND pulled out!

Mallah

So you were a LOVE CHILD... groovy... loan me your CAT STEVENS albums!