Conquering The Court - Page Swords

bec

I like the suit of Truth. And I think it's total bogus to say that swords are always emotionel de-tached. They are not. (said from a true swords person ;))

Truth, wheather it brings good or bad news, will only hurt half of what a romantized lie will. Swords people don't play with emotions - their own or others - they keep it to facts.

The page of swords is the weary youngster, whome likely would be sitting with his/her nose in a book or by the computer most their spare time. Intellectual and prolly member of the local chess club or something similar intellectual challenging. Swords people will mingle with like-minded - as others are way to much up the air for them or way to sobby emotionel.

The reason most swords people tend to be emotionel de-tached is that emotions holds no rational explanation - it does not mean they don't have them. Just means there is a reason for having them :) big difference. Once they know the reason, there is not much point left in living them out with all the drama involved.

Just a dime of thought

Sinduction

Great trains of thought everyone! Where did all our other contributors go?

I do agree with what bec said, "The reason most swords people tend to be emotional de-tached is that emotions holds no rational explanation." This is exactly how I feel about it. This is why I try to figure out why I feel a certain way before I act on it. To be sure I'm not acting solely on emotions, because we all know where that can lead to. :)

I can also see how sword messages could be seen as negative if it is truth that you don't want to accept. I see this relating to the Tower, which is probably why I love the swords, because I also love to see the Tower in my readings.

I'm having trouble seeing the differences between the pages and the knights, but we haven't moved on yet so maybe that will get cleared up as we go along.

The crowned one

Does anyone else have anything to add to swords? The stance of the page and his face in the RW? or is that just art?

Lysh

His face is very stoic. To me, I can see his stance respresents this:
his sword is in the air but he is calculating his next move. Emotions are not a part of this decision making process...its facts. And once he makes his decision the sword will fall without delay. His concerns is not that of emotions/feelings but what needs to be done.
And what differentiates this from the knight, king, or queen?
The page typically represents news so I would take this information as news that is not romantic or emotional, but cuts to the thick (therefore can be unexpected or what we might perceive as bad because hearing information that is fact-based or based on intellect or what is fair is not always what we want to hear).
It can also mean be careful and make sure you have your facts straight before jumping into something (since pages can also represent beginning stages of something) because there could be details we arent seeing or paying attention too.
As far as a person, someone young (or an adult) who does what he/she does without thoughts of another persons feelings and therefore can come across as a bit immature in that sense. I wouldnt go as far as to say someone who makes fair and impartial decisions entirely on a mature level because to me that is more King, so this would be a bit on the immature level.
Hope I made some sense with some of my thoughts, I am trying to write this on limited time! :)
-lysh

willowfox

I think his stance is one of defensiveness when in actual fact there is no need, it looks like he is not sure what to do and how to act in the situation that he finds himself in.

The crowned one

willowfox said:
I think his stance is one of defensiveness when in actual fact there is no need, it looks like he is not sure what to do and how to act in the situation that he finds himself in.

Yes it looks awkward and a bit uncertain. Still look at his face I went back as far as the albino Waite ...his face shows resolve, beauty and insecurity. In the radiant's it is closer to beatific and serene yet manages to convey the sword suite well and the doubt is still there. This card artistically and esoterically is very well done.

willowfox

It looks to me that is standing ready and waiting for his opponent to attack him, his stance is definitely defensive not like the knight who is straight into the attack. It almost seems that he is weighing up the opposition in his head considering what his exact move will be when finally attacked. Very martial artist. Probably at the beginning he was unsure how to react, that is why he has pulled his sword back to his body, giving him time to compute his next move.

tantricknite

Theres also the added aspect of him looking over his shoulder. Almost like he did something and now he is waiting defensively for whatever it was to catch up.Air has mental aspects to it so maybe he said something that he regrets or he could be reflecting on some idea and trying to figure it out.......

The crowned one

tantricknite said:
Theres also the added aspect of him looking over his shoulder. Almost like he did something and now he is waiting defensively for whatever it was to catch up.Air has mental aspects to it so maybe he said something that he regrets or he could be reflecting on some idea and trying to figure it out.......

Nice, good point!

willowfox

tantricknite said:
Theres also the added aspect of him looking over his shoulder.

I don't think he is looking over his shoulder at all, he is standing sideways to his on coming opponent, making his body as small as possible, so less of a target to hit, this is a very basic martial arts defensive position.