Game of Thrones Tarot?

lucid_dawn

I like your picks except for Eddard Stark. He is more of a King of Swords to me. And Littlefinger IS really vile, you know. He plays all sides, and he has a brothel where he plays to every sexual taste or addiction. And he betrayed even the woman he loved.

I agree with all your Tower choices -- but I'd add Jon Snow's birth, which was literally in a tower, and marked by death and disaster.

Jane H'ghar as Death... Hmm, YES. And I like Melisandre as the Magician a LOT.
Oh yes that is a better card for Eddard. I wonder if you incorporate a few of those images into the Tower.

Little Finger is Definitely Vice so you're swaying me. He would make a fine looking squirmy little Devil.

So Tyrion as the Three of Cups with two whores and lots of wine? Rosalind the redhead and maybe another. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

FLizarraga

So Tyrion as the Three of Cups with two whores and lots of wine? Rosalind the redhead and maybe another. [emoji4]

YES! Tyrion is all about friendship and pleasure. Yet so wise, and with such a great character arc, he'd probably be in a few more cards as well.

Tyrion was already one of my favorite characters in the books. And then Peter Dinklage happened. One of the best, most charismatic actors in a series that boasts a truly golden cast.

So, Tyrion and Sansa as the 10 of Cups? I see that coming, you know.

And what about Arya? Where do you see her? Anyone?

lucid_dawn

Tyrion was already one of my favorite characters in the books. And then Peter Dinklage happened. One of the best, most charismatic actors in a series that boasts a truly golden cast.

So, Tyrion and Sansa as the 10 of Cups? I see that coming, you know.

And what about Arya? Where do you see her? Anyone?

He is probably my favorite character too. Peter Dinklage was a perfect fit for the role whether he resembles the character or not.

Arya is a tough one. I kind of feel like she is a Page of Swords, stick them with the pointy end, her quest has been very much about finding her truth. But there could be a better card to fit her.

earthair

Theon Greyjoy as Hanged Man?! :p
Stannis as 10 of swords
Either Tywin or Littlefinger as King of Swords
Samwell Tarley for Hermit
Khal Drogo for Chariot

earthair

Arya is a tough one- maybe 7 of swords

lucid_dawn

Theon Greyjoy as Hanged Man?! [emoji14]
Stannis as 10 of swords
Khal Drogo for Chariot
The only is definitely the Hanged Man. I also like Sam as the Hermit and Khal as the Chariot. I also think him and Daenarys as the Lovers or Jon and Ygritte.

Hmm, Arya is sneaky that might be a good one. She definitely needs to have Needle.

FLizarraga

He is probably my favorite character too. Peter Dinklage was a perfect fit for the role whether he resembles the character or not.

They went easy on him after the Battle of Blackwater. He was supposed to lose half his nose and look genuinely deformed. But then everyone in that show is so darn good-looking. I never thought Gwendoline Christie was going to be a good Brienne --she is just too pretty. (I love her, though.)

Theon Greyjoy as Hanged Man?! :p
Stannis as 10 of swords
Khal Drogo for Chariot

I agree with most of them --especially Theon as Hanged Man. That was my picks from the start, so apparently great minds think alike! :D

But not Littlefinger for King of Swords. I do find Tywin fits the bill, though I still prefer Eddard Stark, who is all about justice and more than a little unyielding.

Arya is a tough one. I kind of feel like she is a Page of Swords, stick them with the pointy end, her quest has been very much about finding her truth. But there could be a better card to fit her.

Arya is a tough one- maybe 7 of swords

I like both choices. Though Arya definitely also deserves her own major --only I can't seem to figure it out...

The only is definitely the Hanged Man.

Don't you love autocorrect? Sometimes I feel like I want to strangle my computer --only it does not have a neck...

lucid_dawn;4949531 I also like Sam as the Hermit and Khal as the Chariot.[/quote said:
Ditto, though there are several candidates for the Hermit.

I also think him and Daenarys as the Lovers or Jon and Ygritte.

Both are good choices for either the Lovers or the 2 of Cups. Also... Cersei and Jamie? OK, they may be incestuous twins, but they ARE lovers...

HearthCricket

Blind Arya would make a great Two of Swords! But I do agree she deserves something bigger as well. Perhaps Strength, with her Direwolf next to her?

Daenerys as the Mother of Dragons would make a perfect Empress card.

The Iron Throne makes for a perfect Wheel of Fortune.

Joffrey dying of the poison may make a nice Justice Card.

Drogon the dragon would make a perfect Chariot card.

Hodor needs to go somewhere. Part of me says Strength for him too. Hmmm....

Sansa, Arya, Little Bear may make good Princesses, but it depends on how the story plays out. They may end up being Queens!

FLizarraga

The Circadian Tarot came up here a few days ago, maybe in books and media? It is a book, not deck and is based on a card a day like my blog.

and the card art is nothing like the book cover.

Thanks for the clarification, AJ. The only one who seems to be a deck per se is the one in the center.

It still sounds weird to me that Chronicle would do a Tarot deck, much less one based in Game of Thrones, book or HBO series.

P.S. Your blog is wonderful.