Deck Personality

r0sered1ster

I just got my Thoth deck in the mail today and just had to hurry home to open it! I looked at the cards and then shuffled for awhile, just getting a feeling for the deck when it occurred to me to draw some cards asking how we were going to do working together and what the decks personality was.

The card I drew when I asked the deck to tell me about itself was the Prince of Disks which signified a strong, grounded influence...and looking further at the meanings, I understood this card to be rather positive. It says it's Air of Earth which told me that it will nourish my spiritual growth but also be firm and honest. Has anyone else ever asked their deck about itself and what kinds of answers did you get?

AJ

There is a New Deck Interview that many use when aquiring a new deck.

Introduced by FireRaven in 2005

****** 5 ****** 6 ******
********** 4 **********
****** 3 ****** 2 ******
********** 1 **********

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
3. What are your limits as a deck?
4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?

r0sered1ster

Very cool, thank you!

Grigori

I drew the same card when I first asked my Thoth about itself. Interesting :) I took it to mean there would be some hard work involved, and also some rewards. Actually I find I often get one of the four Princes when asking the Thoth about what I have to gain from different aspects of occult study and practice. I take that as a good sign, even when I get that pesky Prince of Cups ;) Prince being a representation of the Holy Guardian Angel and all that, I see it as the deck's way of saying I'm on a good course :thumbsup:

r0sered1ster

I wonder why that is...is it typically a male energy type deck?

Grigori

r0sered1ster said:
I wonder why that is...is it typically a male energy type deck?

I don't find it specifically masculine, but I know others do. I s'pose you certainly wouldn't call it a feminine deck though, at least not a "girly" one. I don't think gender or polarity really plays a part in the readings I mentioned above though. I just take it as the deck giving me the thumbs up on spiritual questions.

r0sered1ster

Thank you so much for your answers!

Sophie

My Thoth deck told me its character was 'Princess of Wands'; that it would teach me '6 of Cups', and that I should approach it with Art :)

By Princess of Wands - Earth of Fire - it means passionate, beautiful, bold, a foundation for trail-blazing spiritual work and a tendency towards arrogance. It's a very solar card, and the Princess wears Ma'at's plumes on her head, so it the deck's character is to illuminate and bring adjustment in oneself, through trial by fire.

Like Grigori, I don't get a strong gender feeling about this deck - although it works the polarities very well when we look at it in that way - but it's certainly not girly. The female element in this deck is powerful and influential, though.

DaisyDragonfly

Interesting thread :) My deck said:

Character = Hierophant.
Teach me = Fortune.
Approach it through = Star.

I made an interpretation from all this based on the images alone but they seemed pretty auspicious :laugh:

Sophie said:
My Thoth deck told me its character was 'Princess of Wands'; that it would teach me '6 of Cups', and that I should approach it with Art :)

By Princess of Wands - Earth of Fire - it means passionate, beautiful, bold, a foundation for trail-blazing spiritual work and a tendency towards arrogance. It's a very solar card, and the Princess wears Ma'at's plumes on her head, so it the deck's character is to illuminate and bring adjustment in oneself, through trial by fire.

Like Grigori, I don't get a strong gender feeling about this deck - although it works the polarities very well when we look at it in that way - but it's certainly not girly. The female element in this deck is powerful and influential, though.