Collecting Your Best, Brightest, Most Exciting Three Card Spreads!!!

autumnsdaughter

Another 3 card spread that I adore is illness, remedy, recovery.

I was sick a lot this fall, and this spread came in handy! I find that most illness can be chocked up to not respecting your needs... and this spread gives some advice about what is behind the illness.

Glass Owl

Here is a version of a 3 card Past, Present, Future spread that I like. One reason that I think I like this version is because the cards are in a different order than other versions.

1--2--3

or could be laid out as

--2--
1----

1. Present: Here I am
Current state or situation.
Could represent something underneath the surface.

2. Past: This is where I was
Aspect of the past that is influencing what is happening now. May represent a stumbling block or something that needs to be addressed because it is stopping you from moving forward

3. Future: Where I am heading
A glimpse into what is to come, based on the current conditions.

Parzival

Three Card Spread

I've worked with a three-deck three card spread, by cutting to one card in each of three different decks, leaving each card turned over on the top of each deck. The chosen decks might be mutli-culturally different or emphasize the practical, psychological, and cosmic/spiritual, respectively. I use Robert Place's suggestions for a three card spread, as explained in his Tarot History text : for instance, a linear story from first through third card. The time frame is deliberately the present, although past and future may enter into the message. This allows three different decks to speak together, without taking too long. Obviously, the decks can be varied when change is wanted.

Satori

Thought I might resurrect this thread, I need to use it and hope others find it helpful.

Quantum James

I have been getting helpful readings from this three carder that I came up with recently for moving past inertia/when I am feeling stuck in some way...

1)The issue
2)What is holding me back?
3)What takes me forward?

.traveller.

This is what I have been using recently that has been helpful for me:

In regards to the Issue
What have I released?
What do I still cling to?
What will help or aid me in releasing the rest?

It may not be the most exciting spread, but it is very useful.

lark

Hey, thanks for this thread..in a few hours i'll be locked into a high school with the class of 2009 for an all nighter tarot reading festevis for the rest..of us!
I needed a few good 3 card spreads.
Here are a few I'll be using tonight.

Good for those college spreads
Nature of the present situation
Your attitude towards it
Key element for you to consider...

Problem or issue
What hinders
What helps

Boyfriend spread
What he likes
What he doesn't like
Where he sees the relationship going

They always want future readings so I came up with this
Expected
Unexpected
Near future

Hidden influence
Advice
Likely outcome

Now if I could just figure out what decks to bring. :confused:

emmsma

Satori said:
Here is one more that I like, and I created:

***1***
***2***
***3***

***Where I am Now***

***Where I am Heading***

***Another Direction to Consider***

This is like giving yourself another option, especially if you can't see your way out of the thicket! So you may be heading in a direction you don't want to go in, and you may not even know it is not gonna be good, with this you get to see your probable out come and give yourself an escape hatch! This easily becomes a five card spread if you want to give yourself three other directions/options to choose from.

edited to add:
Where you are headed may be a good place too! Forgot to say that if it is a good place you can change third position to:

***Pitfalls to look out for***

This will show places where you might get tripped up! :thumbsup:

I will be adding this one to my list of spreads.
Thanks for sharing.

Astraea Aurora

Hey lark,

good luck with your Tarot reading night. :thumbsup:

I especially like these:

lark said:
Good for those college spreads
Nature of the present situation
Your attitude towards it
Key element for you to consider...

Boyfriend spread
What he likes
What he doesn't like
Where he sees the relationship going

They always want future readings so I came up with this
Expected
Unexpected
Near future

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Satori

There is a 10 card spread that comes with the Deviant Moon Tarot. Here is a three card version that I modified:

Past Influences
Spiritual Forces***********Influence of Others

I thought this spread would be useful to see what the different energies are that affect any given issue. So that if something is occurring for someone but it is a puzzle as to why things are going one way but not another more obvious way...there are things happening behind the scenes. I thought this might get to the bottom of those things.