Snapshot Relationship Spread

goddesscarlie

What a great spread! I love the Head and Heart distinctions. I can't wait to try it out.

ArwenNightstar

Very interesting! I am going to try this today!

Ceit

I did this spread last night. It's a great spread. The man I am seeing said "I could have told you those things." LOL -- So, I think it's right on. I think that this is a good spread that I will use. Thanks!

Ceit

Tabby

Cool and Accurate Spread

I recently did this spread tonight because I'm searching for answers in my relationship. I found it to be very accurate and insightful. Just what I was looking for!

Julien

Excellent spread!

I'm brand new to the board, and have been reading over the various threads -- I tried this spread out because I had a feeling that it might help me out with a very weird reading I had earlier today -- and it did! What a great spread! Thanks so much for sharing it!

WindChimeThief

expansion/reworking

Hello. I'm just a lurker here, but I've used this spread quite a bit over the last few months, and I've added to it and changed it a bit a few times. Just this morning, I changed it again a little, and I like it so much I thought I would share. I hope Amy doesn't mind.

Note that I changed the order of the cards and the layout, too. One can, of course, set it up however they like.

~~~~~.10.~~~~~
~~.8.~~~~~.9.~~
~~.6.~~~~~.7.~~
~~.4.~~~~~.5.~~
~~.2.~~~~~.3.~~
~~~~~.1.~~~~~

Meanings are as follows:

1. How things stand at the moment

2. What conscious emotional state you are maintaining, or trying to maintain.

3. What conscious emotional state they are maintaining, or trying to maintain.

4. What less-than-conscious emotional state is present in you. What "pops up" when you are off guard, or what is just there when you aren't trying to maintain anything.

5. What less-than-conscious emotional state is present in them. What "pops up" when they are off guard, or what is just there when they aren't trying to maintain anything.

6. The impression you're intending to give them

7. The impression they're intending to give you

8. The impression you are receiving, regardless of how closely it matches their intent.

9. The impression they are receiving, regardless of how closely it matches your intent.

10. Where things are most likely headed in whatever time frame you specify, or intuitively sense. You can always skip this card entirely, too. Might be more useful to skip it if the situation is loaded with variables.

It still utilizes the very useful head/heart distinction like the original, despite the change in wording. With the two new cards, it also adds a distinction between impressions being given, and being received. THAT in particular I have found extremely useful.

Hope you like it.

AmyV

I like it!

Actually WindChimeThief I have trouble with the 'impression' cards myself sometimes, so what you've done is really constructive and certainly an improvement!

Also a word of caution which I've been considering posting - maybe I should edit the original post with it - is that this spread should be used with extreme caution. Though I'm sure this is obvious, I feel it's worth pointing out that telling someone how someone feels about them is an extremely serious thing, and many people are not in a situation where they can view what they're told objectively - they may react too strongly because most likely they hope the person thinks they're the bees knees and this may not be the case. So use your discretion when deciding who to use this spread with. Also when using it for yourselves - you know how it is, you WANT to know no matter what the answer will be, but, well, it doesn't always work out like that, does it?

Of course, you're also laying out the feelings of a person who is not present, but that's a matter of personal ethics.

I also agree that the 'where things are headed' card is optional and in many cases it's more appropriate to leave it out.

Whitestar

This is great, thank you!

a_shikhs

hey great spread.. i just tried it and got amazing results. the cards that opened were unbelievably true.. wow... thanks for posting this amazing spread. its a must keep and is definately going in my journal..

WindChimeThief

Whitestar and a_shikhs: Which spread? Amy's original one, or the modified one I just posted?

Amy: Glad you like it. :) Yeah, I often have trouble with all kinds of "impression" cards. I find there is too much room for interpretation sometimes, and it doesn't really nail down what you're looking for.

Interestingly, after using this one a few times, I have discovered that the conscious and less-than-conscious emotional state cards have not necessarily corresponded to one's "head" and "heart." I've found that sometimes the conscious one reflects the "heart," and the less-than-conscious one reflects anxieties, worries, doubts, etc... that are "below the radar" of one's conscious sphere, but are definitely more of a "head" type nature. That is, they aren't really one's "true" feelings, like the heart is, but they nevertheless elusive, under the surface.