Astrology Computer programs ..

Elven

Can someone point me in the direction of a good Astrology Computer program? I am hoping to use this to add to my readings. Maybe one that also has Sabian Symbols attached to it?

Im not sure where to look.
I did have WOW - but it doesn't like Windows Vista :( and now I have lost something on the program and it doesnt work at all ... *sigh*

Im also looking to register if I have to, to use the program professionally ...

Any ideas out there as to what I can have a look at?

Thanks for your help!

Blessings
Elven x

dadsnook2000

Solution

My software provider, Halloran Software, provides both a purchasable and a free to download software package which you can use as is or register for added benefits. http://www.halloran.com/ is the link for this Windows program. Dave

Elven

You're an Angel dadsnook = :angel: I was hoping you would post! I thought you may know where to point me too.
Thankyou so much!
I'll let you know how it goes.

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

I think the larger program, which you purchase, might be the goer here ... though I may have to save a little first :D ... but I think it will be sufficient for what Im after for quite a few years ...

I was going to download the free version, but I think I'll just wait to get the other ...

I was hoping to get some Sabian Symbols in there as well ... maybe this is something I can add later ...

Thanks Dave.
I'll let you know how it goes :D

Cheers
Elven

dadsnook2000

If its Sabian symbols you want . . .

One of the software programs I use for all of my research and to support the book I'm writing on prediction is called Riayl32. This is freeware written by Juan Revilla of Costa Rica who is recognized in serious circles as being highly competent in astronomical calculations. He has a software program that is used by as many astronomers as it is by astrologers.

One feature I noticed is that for a chart you can click on symbols and you get a listing of three types of symbolic meanings for each planet and point in your chart. These three are identified only as S, C and V -- I assume that S is for Sabian because the interpretations look right. I have no idea what the C and V represent although they also have "sabian-like" interpretations. This software is fantastic although I wouldn't recommend to those who struggle with using on-line programs and are just learning astrology. Riyal is a DOS-like program where you are presented with data entry boxes sequentially, and you work mostly with lists and tables although it has regular charts as well as maps and celestial sky-views of the planets and constellations for any chart. It also does asteroids, plutinos, centaurs and zillions of other deep-space work.

You can download it for free and use it for free. Go to the following site:
http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/riyal.html I would download the readme file and print it out -- about 35 pages -- before using the program. There is also an on-line web-site where users share charts and talk astro-stuff. Dave

Bernice

Hello,

There's a page of downloadable free astrology programs at this site;

http://freeware.esoterica.free.fr/

Go to the Astrology page. Lots of free esoteric programs at this.

Bernice

Grigori

I like Solar Fire http://www.esotech.com.au/

Its Australian made and well supported locally, and really excellent software. It comes with "standard" inclusions that are "add on extras" in most other brands.

There isn't a free version, but there is a demo you can download, or they'll post you one if you want. The Sabian information I've not used and can't tell you much about, other than it comes from "The Sabian Symbols in Astrology" by Dr. Marc Edmund Jones

franniee

May I ask, how about if you have a MAC?

Elven

Hi everyone! Thankyou SO much for the info!
Seeing that I had an extra hour today (because daylight savings took us back an hour ;) ) what better than to spend it reading up on all the cool sites you guys listed!

Similia :D I think it was the SolarFire I was looking for, but wow, the last time I came across it, it was a little more economical :p ... though worth it - Im sure it has the Sabian Symbols too.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Cheers
Elven x