Most Elevated Planet in Chart

RohanMenon

Do you mind if I ask what 'lot of spirit' is?

It is a point in your horoscope, calculated from the positions of the Sun, Moon and ascendant. Different schools of astrology assign differing signficances to it. As far as I know it originated in Hellenistic Astrology, and (among other things, and oversimplifying) it characterizes the 'luck' element in your life.

This might help.

http://www.astro.com/info/in_fortune_e.htm

Minderwiz

Wow! You are good! This is so accurate, even down to the female enemies at work (some of the worst have been male though)! And yes, I've had many careers already, and I'm still young and want to do many more things in the future. But I do have a lean towards astrology and divination, yes :). I have also worked as a writer before, and I do long to write songs one day. Do you mind if I ask what 'lot of spirit' is?

And I wonder if Mercury in Pisces is actually a good placement for astrology and divination? I do understand that it's in its detriment there, because Mercury likes to be mentally organized, however I can only think that this ethereal placement (Pisces, and the 8th house!) would make it easier to access divine knowledge? I'm wondering your thoughts on this! One of my most psychic friends has this placement as well, and I often wonder if it's all that bad!

I also wanted to add that I'm incredibly nocturnal, haha! My partner can't stand it, since he is the opposite. And yes, I'm very ruled by my intuition...finding out that the moon is so strong for me makes a ton of sense. Oh and you're also right about the desire for partnership. I've never been single, and I have a deep need for close partnerships, even (and especially) with friends. I have yet to find anyone who desires the same kind of closeness that I want.

This was a fascinating read! I realize I have so much to learn about astrology!

I'm very thankful for the interpretation and glad to hear your wife's operation went well :).

Thanks for your feedback. RohanMenon has mixed up the Lot of Fortune and the Lot of Spirit (I think he needs to reread his notes on Valens :) )

The Lot of Spirit shows what you can do to influence your environment, It says something about your capacity for public action, and therefore is associated with the ideas of the tenth house. The main way that you can influence your environment is through your career and other public actions. it's the Lot of Fortune that indicates how the environment effects you (What we might call luck or fate). Your Lot is strongly placed, though it's ruler isn't. the Hellenistic Astrologer, Vettius Valens, calle the Lot of Spirit a significator of your directed mind, it therefore has elements of deliberate thought and the will to carry out that thought. In Hellenistic Astrology it is the Lot of the Sun, which is your Ascendant ruler. It was called the Lot of Daemon (the origin of the English word Demon) Daemons could be both good and bad, and Valens and others also believed in what, for lack of a better phrase, we would call spirit guides and he believed that each of us had our own personal guide, a being who could intercede with the gods on our behalf, giving a balance between fate and some element of free will.

So yes, there is some element of what we would now describe as psychic intuition in your chart. I don't see Pisces in the modern perspective of being very watery and vague. Yes it is a Water Sign and Traditionally it was associated with the Open seas, but the open seas are not tranquil places of inaction, they can be very stormy. It's ruled by Jupiter, not Neptune and it is the exaltation of Venus, so it has strong benefic connections. Like other Mutable signs, it's connected to activity and change,

RohanMenon

Whoops yes, I described Lot of Fortune

Thanks for that catch Minderwiz.
Life has been extremely chaotic, with no internet connection and multiple 'incomng' s., so I'm very focused on Lot of Fortune!

Minderwiz

I'm now in a similar situation, as my router died today :( :( :(

My ISP has ordered me a new one, and it will be delivered, hopefully in the first half of next week. Until then, I have to use my mobile phone as a mobile hotspot, so I'm not guaranteed to always have that, now vital connection.

PentQueen

Thanks for your feedback. RohanMenon has mixed up the Lot of Fortune and the Lot of Spirit (I think he needs to reread his notes on Valens :) )

The Lot of Spirit shows what you can do to influence your environment, It says something about your capacity for public action, and therefore is associated with the ideas of the tenth house. The main way that you can influence your environment is through your career and other public actions. it's the Lot of Fortune that indicates how the environment effects you (What we might call luck or fate). Your Lot is strongly placed, though it's ruler isn't. the Hellenistic Astrologer, Vettius Valens, calle the Lot of Spirit a significator of your directed mind, it therefore has elements of deliberate thought and the will to carry out that thought. In Hellenistic Astrology it is the Lot of the Sun, which is your Ascendant ruler. It was called the Lot of Daemon (the origin of the English word Demon) Daemons could be both good and bad, and Valens and others also believed in what, for lack of a better phrase, we would call spirit guides and he believed that each of us had our own personal guide, a being who could intercede with the gods on our behalf, giving a balance between fate and some element of free will.

So yes, there is some element of what we would now describe as psychic intuition in your chart. I don't see Pisces in the modern perspective of being very watery and vague. Yes it is a Water Sign and Traditionally it was associated with the Open seas, but the open seas are not tranquil places of inaction, they can be very stormy. It's ruled by Jupiter, not Neptune and it is the exaltation of Venus, so it has strong benefic connections. Like other Mutable signs, it's connected to activity and change,

Interesting, thank you! So to clarify, the lot being placed in the 11th is good, however being ruled by Gemini isn't?