Spread for writers

ncefafn

Hi, all, I'm new here. Name is Kim and the handle stands for "Not Cool Enough For A Funky Name." Despite this depressing lack of creativity, or perhaps because of it, I've developed my own spread to help me with story ideas.

1. Who? (the protagonist)
2. What? (the conflict)
3. Where? (the background)
4. Why? (subconscious motivators)
5. How? (the protagonist's response to the conflict)
6. Outcome

Feel free to use, modify or ignore, but I got an entire story out of it in one sitting (took about two hours to complete, long-hand).

Best,

Kim

Vynara

thanks for this GREAT thread... I can't wait to share it with my boyfriend. ^^

Bean Feasa

Hello ncefafn - welcome and thanks for outlining the spread. You really shouldn't put yourself down like that - what's cool anyway, that's what I'd like to know?? Welcome to you too, Vynara, I know you've been posting quite a bit, but I haven't 'officially' met you yet :)
Wavebreaker, thanks for those links - I had unearthed them in a search a while ago and intended to post on them. There seems to be a link between Tarot and writers, just as between Tarot and cats (see Talking Tarot forum)! Would anyone else agree????
I do intend to try out those spreads and post on whether they help or not - hope you'll all do the same.
blessings,
Kate

Bean Feasa

Lol I think I meant a link between Tarot and cat-lovers/cat-owners, in the above post!

Aerten

Cool, ncefafn. I'm about to go try it, just to see if I get hit with any inspiration! :cool: