4 pentacles for their feelings for you?

SekhemNefer

I can never tell if this card means...

1. The querant wants to possess and own, be clingy and needy towards the other person.

or...

2. The querant was to be keep to themselves and not give and share themselves in a relationship?

Which is the correct interpretation?

obeygravity

My knee jerk reaction to this is that it's stating that they do not want to share and express their feelings. But it really depends on the cards that surround it. Otherwise I would think that they might actually be looking to give away some of their feelings for the other person and try to share the wealth.

finaflight

I have the Druid Craft deck and to me this means that thier feeling are "locked" up inside them.

Thats all that comes to mind with not knowing the deck or other cards

SekhemNefer

Okay, this makes me wonder, what card would mean that someone wants to possess you, or treat you like you are that person's "property"? Especially for abusive/obsessive/sexual objectified relationships?

blueviolet

To answer the first, I think it's more number 2 -- of course, look at surrounding cards and interpret for that specific situation. But generally, 2. They are holding back on their feelings, holding back on contributing to the relationship. It takes two to make it happen. If one isn't willing, well, it can't work, right?

Okay, this makes me wonder, what card would mean that someone wants to possess you, or treat you like you are that person's "property"? Especially for abusive/obsessive/sexual objectified relationships?

First that came to mind is the Devil card -- in combination with possibly the miser card (4 of pents)? Or another card that alongside the Devil, it could be interpreted in that way. Or possibly something reversed, if rxs are used. Just my thoughts.

obeygravity

SekhemNefer said:

Hm... there's actually a lot of cards that come up for that in my mind. I would really look towards cards that may insinuate some kind of manipulation like the Devil, the Magician or even the Hierophant, and see if they're paired with cards that are about someone being trapped or hurt like 8 of swords, 3 of swords or even the Hanged Man. I'd especially be scared if the Devil was tossed in with something like 9 of swords. Because that really gives an aura of an absolutely hellish experience.

rwcarter

The correct interpretation, of course, is the one that's right at the time for the question you're answering....

I'm a little confused though. The title of the thread in part is their feelings for you, yet your answers are in the form of the Querent's feelings. Wouldn't that be the other person's feelings towards the Querent?

If you're asking about A's feelings for B, of the two answers you gave, I'd have to say that A feels possessive and clingy towards B.

For me, the second answer is much more about A and only tangentially about A's feelings for B.

Rodney

SekhemNefer

rwcarter said:
The correct interpretation, of course, is the one that's right at the time for the question you're answering....

I'm a little confused though. The title of the thread in part is their feelings for you, yet your answers are in the form of the Querent's feelings. Wouldn't that be the other person's feelings towards the Querent?

If you're asking about A's feelings for B, of the two answers you gave, I'd have to say that A feels possessive and clingy towards B.

For me, the second answer is much more about A and only tangentially about A's feelings for B.

Rodney

I probably made a mistake.

The header "Their feelings for you" is the question I see a lot in relationship spreads. So if someone asked me for a tarot reading (the querant) wanting to know how someone else feels about them and they get a 4 Pentacles.

Does the person being asked of thinks the querant is clingy and possessive, or not able to share their love with another person.

My bad, if I confused people.

rwcarter

SekhemNefer said:
The header "Their feelings for you" is the question I see a lot in relationship spreads. So if someone asked me for a tarot reading (the querant) wanting to know how someone else feels about them and they get a 4 Pentacles.

Does the person being asked of thinks the querant is clingy and possessive, or not able to share their love with another person.
So the Querent (B in my examples) is asking about the other person's (A in my examples) feelings for them. My original answers still stand since they were answered from the perspective of the Querent being B.

Aulruna

I just had that card in that position in a reading for a client.

It was definitely the possessive interpretation in my reading, it was about a marriage proposal, and the tangible/real aspect of the Pentacles suit meant that in this case, the proposal was about owning and legally showing said ownership, as well.

Pentacles aren't that much about emotions or communication, so I don't really see this as not sharing one's feelings.