What would you recommend - Elias or Enriquez?

Gulliver

Those who read both books - which one would you recommend at first place? What are the differences?

jean bosco

Do you mean the book Tarology (Enriquez) vs. 'towards the art of reading' (Elias)?
If so,those two are completely different.
Elias' book focusses, like it says, 'towards the art of reading' whereas Enriquez' book is a piece of art itself, meaning very special and definitely not another 'how to' thing...

They are hard to compare. Best to take the risk and read both, they are worth the money IMHO. ;-)

Gulliver

Many thanks Jean Bosco! Yes, I meant these books you mentioned, sorry for being so short. I got the impression that both books would be more of the experimental side, as I can read at first only one book, so I think the Tarology by Enriquez excites me more, if it is a piece of art. Again many thanks for the help!

3ill.yazi

Elias' book is closer to what you might see in a standard tarot book, with meanings and spreads, but with game-changing insights and perspective. She also draws from a cartomantic tradition, ie playing cards.

Enrique's is a short book with a revolutionary approach, which basically throws out esoteric tradition as we've come to know it, and looks at the visual language of the cards.

My summary does neither justice. I find them quite complimentary. I would recommend both, but read Enriques first.

Gulliver

Many thanks for the explanation! I'll look for both but with a strong preference for the book by Enriquez. Because "how to read" other books answered already and I was in the assumption that the book by Elias would be on the experimental side too.

3ill.yazi

Many thanks for the explanation! I'll look for both but with a strong preference for the book by Enriquez. Because "how to read" other books answered already and I was in the assumption that the book by Elias would be on the experimental side too.

It is. Don't let my comments let anyone conclude that it's conventional. But it has more in common with standard books. Much in the way that I find Ben-Dov's book a good transitional text on the TdM for people familiar with the RWS, I think Camelia's book is an easier transition into reading that doesn't necessarily follow the familiar patterns. IMO

gregory

I LOVE Enriquez' book. I haven't read Elias so don't wish to put you off by saying this - I simply cannot offer an opinion on it !

I also LOVE even MORE his video. Get that if you can !

3ill.yazi

I LOVE Enriquez' book. I haven't read Elias so don't wish to put you off by saying this - I simply cannot offer an opinion on it !

I also LOVE even MORE his video. Get that if you can !

The movie is available to view streaming for free.

Gulliver

Oh yes, 3ill.yazi, I think I got you right! Primary I thought, Elias' book were comparable to Enriquez' more dissociated from the traditional divination thing (it was my fault not to translate the title correctly). But I did understand as you and jean bosco explained. I more was looking for the very free and artistically handling of the tarot theme as Enriquez is doing. BTW the fantastic book by Ben-Dov I'm reading at the moment.

Thanks, gregory! Okay, now I'm curious regarding the video. Where it is available? :)

ETA: ....I meant available to view streaming for free.

jean bosco

Okay, now I'm curious regarding the video. Where it is available? :)

ETA: ....I meant available to view streaming for free.

Just google 'tarology movie'...
it's a great movie, a pearl.