Thoughts on the Page of Cups

moggy

Does anyone have some thoughts/experiences w/the Page of Cups?

This card keeps coming up in my readings. I was told by my last reader that, as a defining card in my reading, the card had to do w/ a happy surprise on its way - but that it was the kind of surprise that is supposed to kept secret until it happens (like a child receiving his wrapped presents at Christmas). That it portends something really wonderful... O, I wonder what it is : )

Since then, I've really paid close attention to it and I have to say I think it now is my fave card. The soft pinks, blues and mellow yellow colors really seem soothing but joyful. The fish peeking out of the cup, like it was found out, and the amused look on the page's face as he looks at it really make me laugh. I keep thinking too that the scarf from his hat, that wraps under his chin, seems reflective of a fish tail...

What do you all think??

gloria

Hi Moggy

Rachel Pollack in 78 DW says the fish in the Page’s cup can symbolize sensitivity and psychic talents. And as the pages signify study, this card could be reflecting your interest in developing these skills by means of a course or programme of study. The Aeclectic for example? :)
When this page comes up in a reading there is generally someone around the sitter who is studying, revising or taking exams. Can also show someone about to take a driving test if accompanied by the Chariot.
1 see this page as being a bit of a ‘jack-the-lad’ ready for anything type. Ready to face what life has to bring head on. It is said that this kind of innocent and naïve courage comes from inexperience.
He has yet to tread the footsteps of the Knight and King.

Another thing about this page is how well dressed he is. He is typical of a lot of teenagers today where they like to “pose” and hang out with the guys only so long as they are wearing their designer labels. (I say this in a light-hearted and kind way)

Going by the red tulips on his tunic I would say this card symbolizes “a declaration of love."
You say this page keeps appearing in your readings. Maybe someone has their eye on you! ;)

Just some of my thoughts,
Gloria.

sagitarian

all so far I agree with BUT...there is one aspect missing...

Pages are also often a representation of children. The child of cups is going to be oh so emotional. The kind that will tell you they hate you with as much passion as they will come up and SQUEEEEEZE you pronouncing they love you 5 mins later. They are a moody bunch, but in their own way, they are quiet and reserved. When they love, THEY LOVE, and you will find them wanting to do special things for those they do love that is around them.

They are usually very creative, artistic, and psychic, as they are tuned in closely to their emotions and internal being. The aspect that was mentioned, the he has yet to walk through the knight or the King's footsteps was right. Knights are often teenagers and Kings are the representation of Manhood. (Queens being Womanhood).

So my question is, are you working with children right now? Or has someone recently had a child in your family? Perhaps you will be connected to this child in a way that few in their life will understand. Perhaps it's understanding the deep emotional aspect, or psychic abilities.

My feelings on the subject, you have been around a few children as of late, but more so, you are beginning some kind of new, secret journey in your life. You have yet to know where you are truly headed (a hint of the fool in here) but your happy and carefree of problems at the moment, enjoying life in a innocent way. I do feel that there is a pregnancy involved though, not sure if it's "with" you or someone close to you. In a childlike aspect, you are making new discoveries about yourself internally, wether that be your spirituality, psychic abilities, love, or a career that you think you may really enjoy. Your thinking on it with a smile on your face.

I hope this gives you some insight. Please feel free to private message me with any questions.

moggy

Thanks, Gloria & Sagitarian, for your thoughts. It really helped add to my understanding and deepened my interpretation of the card.

GLoria, some of the other cards in the reading also talked about a possible love interest, so perhaps you've picked up something there.

It's funny, as I'm discovering that my guides have a good sense of humor, I almost feel as though this card was meant in some way to tease me, to let me know something good was on the horizon, but not to give the entire secret away

Sag, Im not really around children but the second half of your message - regarding new discoveries, etc., sounds pretty right on! I also loved the way you described PAge of Cups in regards to the spirit of the child - very intuitive!

Thanks again-

Adele

page of cups...

the page of cups is also about finding out who you really in a loving sense... learning to love oneself.

firestorm

What about the waters behind him. They aren't smooth, but not exactly rough either. It seems to me I read something about that somewhere but can't remember what. Anyone have ideas??

Jewel-ry

Havn't read anything but maybe its the 'stirrings' of romance, especially since this card can represent a young person. The water looks 'stirred' up to me!

poivre

I found somewhere "passion curbed by a higher instinct"
I have to think about this for a while.

moggy

Adele

Hi Adele, I think you've picked up on another theme for me with this card.

The card is really deepening for me in terms of uncovering new layers of meaning, in the last few weeks..thanks to the posts here, in part.. thanks all : )

Can I ask how you got the insight that the card relates to self-love? I haven't seen that in any of my references. Very interesting..
I'd love to hear more

gloria

Hi again Moggy....

Could someone around you be 'fishing' for compliments?

G.