Hierophant as feelings...

misskatie

Did a forum search and haven't found a thread like this at all. If I missed it...all I can say is oops! :D

Hierophant as feelings kind of throws me...normally I would interpret it as the person in question feels almost teacher like or like a mentor. In this draw though that can not be the case lol. This person can and never will teach me anything except to run away from him and hide. He is an ex and it ended not so good.

So I am thinking there MUST be other interps on this card for feelings. :) This was a 3 card draw so I won't post the other cards because then I would be in the wrong forum!

Thoughts? Thanks!

mk

moonlitkim

If I drew the Hierophant in the "feelings" part of a spread, I could see it as either I or the other person felt stuffy, smothered, or stuck in the status quo. He rules institutions and society's order of doing things, and perhaps the relationship was a tad boring. Maybe one person was looking to cut loose and have fun, and the other was more like the Hierophant, concerned about the "right" way things should go.

Just my two cents. :)

~MoonlitKim

rwcarter

mk,

I agree with moonlitkim. As feelings, the Hierophant would represent that which is traditional ("Of course I love you. You're the mother of my children." or "I love you cause you're the breadwinner and that allows me to be a stay-at-home Mom.") or regimented ("I'm the man so I must be the provider and protector.") or the status quo ("I don't love you any longer, but we've been together so long that it doesn't make any sense to change things. Plus what would people say?")

Rodney

Thirteen

I'll toss in my agreement on the "status quo" IF the card is "positive." An "upright" or positive Hierophant indicates feelings that won't go to extremes. Happy, but not delirious with joy, sad, but not inclined to cry hysterically.

Of course, there is a negative side to the Hierophant where he does show strong feelings, but these are feelings of anger, self-righteousness, maybe shock or disgust, the feelings of a holy man faced with a blasphemer or heretic who they feel must be corrected or removed.

From what you describe, might those be the feelings of your ex?

misskatie

Thirteen said:
I'll toss in my agreement on the "status quo" IF the card is "positive." An "upright" or positive Hierophant indicates feelings that won't go to extremes. Happy, but not delirious with joy, sad, but not inclined to cry hysterically.

Of course, there is a negative side to the Hierophant where he does show strong feelings, but these are feelings of anger, self-righteousness, maybe shock or disgust, the feelings of a holy man faced with a blasphemer or heretic who they feel must be corrected or removed.

From what you describe, might those be the feelings of your ex?

Yes, Thirteen you have nailed it with the negative interps. He is sooooo self-righteous and is still very angry at me. He showed up at my gym today, I had absolutely no idea he joined there...he glared at me and I ignored him which he is not used to, so this is definitely where this could come into play.

Thanks for this! I am relatively new to reading and sometimes don't consider the negative aspects of the cards.