Hierophant in Outcome

WhiteRaven

I would like member's thoughts and interpretations when the Hierophant lands in an Outcome in a relationship spread. I'm having a horrible time trying to understand that card in the outcome of that type of spread. Does it really mean marriage for the most part? I know, the other cards also play into it...but do others have a problem like this with the Hierophant?

contradiction

i see the heirophant, as a religious (read spiritual) person, someone inclined to make wise decisions though not necessarily because of the aforementioned, a faithful friend and leader, maybe the stronger personality in a relationship, a loving authority figure ie...parent, minister, and as in one reading a few years ago a judge. i have never thought about marriage, but i can see where it would fit. hope this helps

contradiction

BlueLotus

I think the Hierophant is quite a strong card to come up in any spread. I have noticed that it shows up in readings that have to do with Pensions, i.e. governmental hand outs, salaries ( through the state ), marriages in a love spread, law suits, and anything that deals with the role of government/state in any given situation, such as when it came up for someone who wanted to know if he would get a college scholarship , and this card turned up as an outcome card , and now he is happily on his way to college, all fees to be paid.

So it takes different meanings in different spreads/outcomes, and in its upright position it could be a very positive card - or at least what the querent had hoped for .

Imagemaker

Somewhere here in the last couple days, I read the interpretation of the Hierophant as a platonic relationship. Never considered that as an option!

I always associate it with tradition, wisdom, institutional schooling first, then a person who plays a role in that way.

WhiteRaven

Imagemaker said:
Somewhere here in the last couple days, I read the interpretation of the Hierophant as a platonic relationship. Never considered that as an option!

I always associate it with tradition, wisdom, institutional schooling first, then a person who plays a role in that way.

You read that in one of my posts in the Circle Discussion. I had seen that in a spread the Chubbymummy had done and Thirteen had did the interpretation. The Hierophant was in that particular spread and Thirteen's interp for that card was a platonic relationship. That is what triggered this post because I'm wondering what other people see the Hierophant stand for in a relationship spread. Especially when it comes out in the "Outcome" position. I do realize that the other cards have a lot to do with the individual interpretation of this card. I'm just curious to see if anyone has other ideas or if, for the most part, people stick with the traditional meanings that are implied with this card. I've always had a time with Hierophant and sometimes even the Emperor in a relationship spread. Not so much the Emperor as the Hierophant though. A spread full of Court Cards make me cringe as well!

Hierophant has been popping into my own relationship spreads quite often these days too...just another prompt for me to question what the heck he's doing there all the time.

Imagemaker

A wise counselor?

poivre

At times I feel that any issue is being taken to the next level. The
Hierophant is like a bridge to the next level if you look for the keys
in your life.
In the outcome the Hierophant reveils a lesson here in your situation if
you are willing to take the opportunity to learn.
Sometimes we can't see our keys because we are living in the situation so the V means that we have choas in our learning.
"higher level of spiritual growth"

If we are dating the next level is engagement or separation,
...if we are engaged the next level is marriage
...if we are unemployed the next level is employment
...if we are in grade 1 next level is grade 2
etc.

The Hierophant guides us along the way with our own faith that things
happen the way they are meant to happen and in its own time.

(don't know if I explained this properly but hope it helps!)

WhiteRaven

ros said:
At times I feel that any issue is being taken to the next level. The
Hierophant is like a bridge to the next level if you look for the keys
in your life.
In the outcome the Hierophant reveils a lesson here in your situation if
you are willing to take the opportunity to learn.
Sometimes we can't see our keys because we are living in the situation so the V means that we have choas in our learning.
"higher level of spiritual growth"

If we are dating the next level is engagement or separation,
...if we are engaged the next level is marriage
...if we are unemployed the next level is employment
...if we are in grade 1 next level is grade 2
etc.

The Hierophant guides us along the way with our own faith that things
happen the way they are meant to happen and in its own time.

(don't know if I explained this properly but hope it helps!)

Bringng this a tad into my own personal arena for a "moment"....Ros, if the couple are seperated, yet both still in love, what then?

poivre

(would this work)

~There is a spiritual lesson here for both people.

When the time is right, the lesson, and moving to the next level will come.This may be getting back together, just remaining friends or both moving in a new direction.
Have patience with the space you are in and have faith in your beliefs
no matter what the outcome.

WhiteRaven

~There is a spiritual lesson here for both people.

That's for sure! Sheesh :(

When the time is right, the lesson, and moving to the next level will come.This may be getting back together, just remaining friends or both moving in a new direction.
Have patience with the space you are in and have faith in your beliefs
no matter what the outcome.

I would think, seeing the two people involved are still "in" love with eachother, the next level would be to come back together after some sort of healing process and individual growth spiritually and otherwise. I don't see that just being "friends" could be feasible if the couple are "in" love. It would make things hard in many ways. However, it could mean that to rejoin, they would START that way...start back at zero and build once again to the next level.

Does that make any sense?