Sabian Symbol Study Group: Aries 6 - #6

huredriel

Musings aka ramblings on the title:

Aries ........ number of the Lovers ....... a mix of fire and air. A square is solid and stable ....... hmmmmm ...... lit on one side only ....... showing perhaps that whilst there is light, there also needs to be dark to as to have full appreciation?

Brings to mind an image of a window ....... as if you're looking in and it's lit up from inside ...... a saying of *if only walls could talk* and *no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors* ....... that whilst you can peek in, unless you are actually inside, you won't know the full depth of what's going on in there!

tink27

Body part, eye socket, orbital cavity

For your interest.....

The orcular muscles of the eyes helps us to access different states of information in consciousness and by doing this, they strengthen our memory, our learning ability, and our attention span.

Looking to the left.....this is a movement that people spontaneously make when they are recalling a visual memory. When we try to recall a visual image we spontaneously look up and to the left.

Looking down and to the left accesses auditory memory and auditory recall. So if you are recalling some information or music in your awareness then you usually spontaneously look down and to the left.

Looking down and to the right allows us to access the memory of touch. For instance recalling the texture of the touch of a rose petal in your awareness.

If you look up and to the right, that’s the position to create new visual forms. Such as a creative artist.

If you look horizontally and to the right, this is the position a composer or musician uses when he is creating new sound forms.

If you look to the left and horizontally to the left and down, you are recalling auditory memory. If you stare towards your nose, then you strengthen the memories of smell and fragnance we have.

If you stare or have the idea your eyes are pointing towards your tongue, yup you guessed it.....the memories of taste.

So holding the eyes in fixed positions helps us to not only access information that exists in our own awareness......it also helps to strengthen our memory, our recall, our attention span and learning ability.

tink

P.S. I'm not sure how this affects left handed people....being one myself....I do have a tendency to look to the right for recall. Any other lefties out there?

huredriel

A thought ........ the title and
tink27 said:
Body part, eye socket, orbital cavity
Our eyes absorb the light ....... the light comes from *outside* ....... yet in the title, the light is coming from within ...... so perhaps a need to see from within the self? Using our intuition and higher self to access information? Makes me think of Aries 9 actually!

Ooh another thought ....... perhaps this could relate to the inner spiritual light - the core of our being, which can be extremely hard to see, find or access whilst on the material plane?

oceanpoetry

I LOVE this symbol, its my Chiron (natal) and I had no idea how to interpret it.. till I saw the night the Pope died and well - Saint Peter's square in particular with the artificial lights lit up bright on one side... it was a OHHHHHH moment the darkenss with the light, knowing there was MORE in the 'space', that it held form.. for me, it was a place of focus and light healing and spiritual 'opening'..
Ok thats hard to explain.. it was a beautiful expression of this symbol anyway :)

Dr Marc Edmund Jones says the keyword is SET
and genuine self direction...

I find people with this symbol tend to 'BOX' things, in a venus placement it is your relationships, Jupiter its money in the bank.. they wait till someone else shines the light on it before they 'see' their real worth..

MARINA

This post is so many years old, Marina, but I also have Chiron in Aries 6•. I found this thread looking up the meaning. Thank you so much for sharing your insights, I have really not been able to understand this aspect. It is an a-ha moment! Light, spiritual healing that is present and that still shines, emerging from darkness.