Tabula Mundi

magicjack

My reservations had always been;

- fear of Customs Charges
- astrology *backs away in dread*
- a sense that overly esoteric decks (Thoth excepted) - with layer upon layer of "systems" - give the cloudiest, vaguest readings.

But maybe I need to rethink if it's accessible.

-Astrology. The Golden Dawn is heavily astrology. I feel this book breaks it down a little bit more easily than let's say The Book of Thoth and IMO more understandable. The meanings of the planets, the zodiac and the tree of life positions are explained briefly as you read.

-Esoteric deck. Yes it is. But with any esoteric deck, we have to break it down to an understanding anyway. I think she actually does in this book. There is a short paragraph in the minors at the end comparing the Thoth, RWS, and her Rosetta deck

-System. It is Golden Dawn and it is Thoth, but not a system upon system. I personally feel it's an easier read then the Book of Thoth and with alot of other interesting things added. Not just for this deck, but helpful in any deck.

- Custom charges? From what I know about them they are rediculous! It's definitely something you need to consider. That's why I think you should just get the app for $3.99? Small price to pay for a deck your interested in.

Do you want Another way of looking at your cards in a different light? It's interesting how she blends her outlook of a card with the actual card. Many connections from minors with majors when it comes to astrology. I've only had the app for a few days so I still have more reading to do but so far Im enjoying it. .

It all depends what mood your in. A few months ago I bought the little girly silly looking Everyday Witch Tarot and to my surprise I'm enjoying it. Go figure!

(just get the Tabula Mundi app). You can have it in 2 mins. Get the deck later if you have to have it

silvereye

Im trying to convince myself to go back to the Thoth deck i purchased ages ago first and familiarise myself with that before moving on to another esoteric deck but im worried it will go out of print before long. Call me superficial but that holographic back (is it on every card back) is a genius touch and i dont want to give that up!!

DownUnderNZer

I have both the TM and Babalon.

Both are cool only the Babalon is cooler. Bigger cards would have been better though to make it stand out just that bit more than the foils on it. However, am glad I bought it before it does sell out as these will not be printed again.

Yet to appreciate each card because I truly don't - some are wickedly outstanding some do nothing for me whatsoever. Time will tell.

I found the Thoth "dark' so never read with it and when I get half the chance I will at least give the TM a whirl as I am sure this is what is needed to make me look at the Thoth again in a different way.

I reckon do not sit on the fence because once these are gone you will be hard pressed in finding one.

DND :)

baconwaffles

I have both the TM and Babalon.

Both are cool only the Babalon is cooler. Bigger cards would have been better though to make it stand out just that bit more than the foils on it. However, am glad I bought it before it does sell out as these will not be printed again.

Yet to appreciate each card because I truly don't - some are wickedly outstanding some do nothing for me whatsoever. Time will tell.

I found the Thoth "dark' so never read with it and when I get half the chance I will at least give the TM a whirl as I am sure this is what is needed to make me look at the Thoth again in a different way.

I reckon do not sit on the fence because once these are gone you will be hard pressed in finding one.

I would have loved to be able to get the babalon. Does that one include the decan cards?

DownUnderNZer

Yes...and the "Tree".

The DECLAN card that represents my star sign is the BEST of them all I reckon. There are two or three that are right up there.

I would have loved to be able to get the babalon. Does that one include the decan cards?

Spiffo

There a lot of deck creators who 'try' to create a good tarot deck, one with rigour, based on tradition, but pushing into new ground. Most don't come close.

Tabula Mundi is that rare deck that hits all the nails, without bludgeoning the reader. It's expansive enough to be inclusive, but with just enough sass to make you want to dig deeper.

And Mel's companion book is one of the best tarot books I've ever read.

If you're tired of the decks that try, get this one, because it just is brilliant.

csmith0406

Get the deck. I agree with everything everyone has said in favor of this deck, and won't try to restate it. I will add that I've never had a deck I consistently use until I bought this one. I've always flitted from deck to deck, never used one for more than 2 weeks. Since I bought this I have no desire to read with any other deck. I still appreciate the art in my collection, and pull out RWS when I read for others, but my daily deck has been TM for months. The art and the book are so beautiful and eloquent I don't feel like I need anything else. It has really put a dent in my collecting and saved me money, so the price was actually cheap!

Le Fanu

Well and went and ordered: deck + book + extra decan etc cards.

Not quite sure what the decan cards are for but might as well have the complete deck.

Fingers crossed that there are no Customs charges. I got the app earlier today, looked at the cards and started reading the text all about how the deck came about and was swayed.

Rose Lalonde

Well and went and ordered: deck + book + extra decan etc cards... I got the app earlier today, looked at the cards and started reading the text all about how the deck came about and was swayed.

Nice! Hooray for enabling and for Fool's Dog previews. :D

Not quite sure what the decan cards are for but might as well have the complete deck.

I was inspired by Nemia, who's using the 12 decan cards as a tarot calendar. Nemia has a post in daily draws with updates.

(It may be easiest to see how that works in this img, where each pie slice of the circle corresponds to one of those decan cards.)

Attachments

• Tarot_dates_wheel.png
    Tarot_dates_wheel.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 388

csmith0406

Well and went and ordered: deck + book + extra decan etc cards.

Fingers crossed that there are no Customs charges. I got the app earlier today, looked at the cards and started reading the text all about how the deck came about and was swayed.

I'm so happy for you, that you will now own this amazing deck! :)