Saints and Angels

Kara

Ok, since tonight will be my one of my last on here for awhile, I'll use it to try and break in two of my newer decks. If anyone would like to help, great!!!!! Saints Oracle Cards and Angels Oracle Cards are what I'll be using. I plan on drawing one of each, for each question asked. So I'll be sitting here...shuffle-shuffleshuffle...rrrrippp...

Skydancer

Hi Kara!
Would you like to draw for me? I am not familiar with either of those decks.
I'll be doing a reading for myself tonight - another Dark of Moon night. I've learned from my past moon readings, so this should go better.

What would you like in return, besides feedback??
I'll be more than glad to do that of course. :)

Ann *S*

Kara

For someone who pm'ed me

Ok, my first reading for a kind friend:), in relation to the question: what do I need to know in order to better my life?

I drew from the Saints deck, the no.28, depicting Martin of Tours, sitting on horseback, cutting his cloak in half with his sword for a beggar.

Since this deck is new for me, I look in the LWB, and all that stands there is: Success in personal work. But how does this relate to the story of St. Martin and what you need to know or do?

Seems St. Martin was a man of firm convictions, and he had a definite stance on certain points. But there is more in this picture to me, something more behind the story...St. Martin was a soldier at one point, and this period of his life is depicted on this card. When I think of soldiers, as they 'should' be, then they are an extension of the law, of protection, and I think of sovereignity, power, tolerance, justice, and all the other propaganda. Here, he is seated firmly on his horse, looking down at the beggar. This reminds me of The Chariot for some reason... Who are you looking down upon right now? Which part of yourself would you like to help right now? What or whom are you protecting (is protecting also keeping something from change?)?

The beggar reminds me of people looking up to the next higher power for help in his life. Who are you giving your power to? jumps to mind. Why do you expect not be able to have this power for yourself? Once I start asking questions, I can't stop, sorry - but a slew of others came up with this card, if you would like them all to mull over, I'll gladly send them. Looking closer - the beggar seen on this card seems to be doing more St. Martin the favour, by giving him the opportunity to do something kind, than the other way around. Self-sacrifice jumps to mind here..who or what are you sacrficing yourself to and why? What do you hope to gain from this? Is there someone near you that needs your help? Are you withholding it because it would mean sacrificing yourself and what you stand for? What do you have to lose? What would you gain?

More and more, the beggar is becoming the central figure in this card, that anonymous beggar...is that the greatest deed of love? To give up something that is important to you for the sake of another? On the material level, I see St. Martin giving up his cloak, so the beggar has something to cover him. On a different level, I see the beggar giving up his pride so that St. Martin has the opportunity to give, and to grow.
Where do you need to consider this more in your life? Who or what needs something you aren't willing to give? What is the real reason you won't give it, if you're not? It's not necessarily on the outside of you that this takes place...

The Angel card I drew for you was the no.5. Angel of Faith is written across the top of the card, along with the number. Depicted are two figures, a woman in blue, and next to her a monk - both singing to the heavens. Behind and above them a large white Angel looks over them, at the same time looking into a cup he/she holds in the left hand.
At the bottom, the following meditative advice is given: faith is a force which moves mountains and restores spirits.

What do you believe in? What is your ultimate principle? What do you need to water to make it grow?

This is all very 'simplistic', and I'm sorry I have no answers, only questions. That's all that came to my mind though... But maybe these could be questions which set something off for you - to aid you in finding your answer. I certainly hope so.

Hmm, already I don't know if the Saint cards are 'me'....the Angel ones are good summarizers, or additions to a reading, the Saints take some getting used to.

love
Kara

Kara

Skydancer said:
Hi Kara!
Would you like to draw for me? I am not familiar with either of those decks.
I'll be doing a reading for myself tonight - another Dark of Moon night. I've learned from my past moon readings, so this should go better.

What would you like in return, besides feedback??
I'll be more than glad to do that of course. :)

Ann *S*
Gladly, after the first reading (above) I don't know if this deck and I really click, so..but I'll give it another chance. Just a general feedback is fine, thanks!

Kara

For Skydancer

Hi Skydancer! I drew for you from the Saints deck: no.12, represented by St. Dominic de Guzman. A different view. It pictures him standing, his face turned 'enraptured' to the heavens, holding a book and a Lily stalk.

“A man who governs his passions is master of the world. We must either command them or be enslaved to them. It is better to be a hammer than an anvil.”-is also a saying attributed to him.

The LWB says: progressive social ideas.

Hmm... the control aspect is what is jumping out to me here though. Is there an area of your life you are trying to be in absoulute control of right now? Or even need to be more in control of? And is the control you are exerting or need to exert about keeping this area within bounds, or about getting rid of it competely? On the picture, the lily stands out. Is the theme of your life about purity right now? Or purifying something... Is this Dominican saying to you that there is something you need to 'cleanse' your life/thoughts/emotions of?

From the Angels deck, I drew the no.6, Angel of Love. An angel leaning down from above, blessing a couple at their wedding, is what's pictured here.
Below, the advice is printed: Love is the main road to God: Love others and nature will lead to the Lord.

Maybe this is a hint towards the first card drawn -> as in take control, eliminate what needs to be eliminated, but do it in and with a spirit of love, and all will go well.

love
Kara

Skydancer

Hi Kara!
Well, just getting back to see if you had posted for me. Thanks!
Yes, this does apply actually. There IS something I have had a need to control for the past about 3 years - money issues. AND I am just now letting go of it. And 'fessing up to my hubby about my inability to deal with it all. I thought that I had told him everything a couple of weeks ago, but later realised that he misunderstood part of what I had said, and so have to go make it ALL right. It will be cleansing once he knows it all -

Well, that was cryptic!! In other words, I handled the money for the first 25+ years of our marriage and only these past 3 or 4 has he begun to take over. And at first I didn't like it - loss of control - but now I really do. So, I have begun to let go and let .... him!!!

Eliminate what needs to be eliminated - spending, needing control of money - and do it in the spirit of love. Yes - that is the part that I have only now come to. Long road.

Well - I can relate to your reading, certainly. Most interesting.
Also - nature leads to the Lord. I like that. Also governing passions.

Thanks for the reading - I don't know much about saints, but I looked at the links just now that you provided. I can see I'm going to have to do some more studying!! :)

*Skye*

Kara

Hi Sky, I'm glad you liked the reading, and were able to somewhat relate to it..:) I have no idea about saints either, I just thought this deck would trigger more in me maybe, because of it's christian symbolism. I also thought I might learn a lot, through research on the saints and symbols depicted, etc. I know I should give it more time, and learn a bit more - but for now, it's just a reason to buy another deck...:D I'll keep trying with it though, and hopefully it'll click with me soon...

love
Kara