King of Pentacles

nickslan

He's been showing up a lot for me- always in the exact same spot (the last card of the celtic cross). It's starting to get a little creepy, actually.

I've always struggled with court cards and with the concept of assigning them to people, so I usually try to interpret them more broadly. Generally I try to take a holistic approach to readings, so even if I only have a hazy idea of what a court card means as a "situation" instead of a person, I can make sense of things.

But, with the same card continuing to show up in the spot, I think it's time to delve a little deeper into a more "concrete" meaning for the card.

So I'm looking for help- what does this card mean to you? Does it have particular quirks that you find interesting? I'm sort of just throwing out a mental net- looking for lots of people's thoughts and feelings on the card that I can sift through to maybe find some new and interesting way of looking at it.

Thanks! =)

no_moon

I'm not really all that experienced at reading tarot, but I'll throw in how I've seen this card in some spreads I've read that've manifested in my life:

As a person. I have one friend this always pops up for-- a very steady and dependable type and all around lovely person. You can always count on him in a pinch or to lend a helping hand or to listen to your troubles when you're down. When I draw this card, I know I'm likely to run into him, or that he'll have something to do with the situation I'm asking about.

As a characteristic of a situation-- sit there and no one really makes any movement or effort towards changing it, meaning it's just stable, like the way the King of Pentacles is. I sometimes get this when I'm asking about a particular guy I'm interested in; when the King of Pentacles shows up, I know my guy's going to sit on his butt and maintain the status quo of our relationship (whatever the status quo of the moment might be).

Does that help at all?

memries

I have a bit of trouble with this one as well.

I know the King of Pentacles from a monetary side is an inventive thinker.
An optimist a character who is generous with money and effort for another person. Can call the shots pretty aptly and is no one's fool. A person to rely on in the hard times. A power player when it comes to money.
Someone who is controlling everything in his world but manages to be balanced about everything outside his immediate intimate interest.

StellarMyst

no_moon said:
As a person. I have one friend this always pops up for-- a very steady and dependable type and all around lovely person. You can always count on him in a pinch or to lend a helping hand or to listen to your troubles when you're down. When I draw this card, I know I'm likely to run into him, or that he'll have something to do with the situation I'm asking about.

I agree here. I think this one usually speaks to me of the type of friend that is secure: financially, perhaps emotionally as he is IMHO often well grounded. This one used to come up for the same person - a friend - and I never really got a bad vibe from it. Yet it never came up as RX about him either! When that friend left I had it come up as him in one last reading, and it felt as if the cards were saying that he was alright...like although his situation changed, he didn't personally.

I always have the same card come up for the same male individual(s). It's a bit odd. My bf's card is the Knight of Swords. Every time I flip that card in a daily spread he shows up that same day! He's a real sweety. I had one male individual (who wanted me to marry him 'tho I was seeing my bf of 6+ years) that the Moon and the King of Swords both kept coming up for. And that one stopped turning up when I told him I wouldn't be contacting him further.

In light of this, I understand the creep-factor in the same card/character/person(ality) coming up repeatedly. ;)

As a characteristic of a situation-- sit there and no one really makes any movement or effort towards changing it, meaning it's just stable, like the way the King of Pentacles is. I sometimes get this when I'm asking about a particular guy I'm interested in; when the King of Pentacles shows up, I know my guy's going to sit on his butt and maintain the status quo of our relationship (whatever the status quo of the moment might be).

Does that help at all?

Haven't run into that card under *situation* before, so I can't really say much here. ;)

Blessings,

StellarMyst

Vetch

:) Ok, another little fish for your net --

To me the Kings are the guards of the borders. They determine what gets in and what gets out. When a King appears I check if something needs to be guarded (in this case material matters; could be health, the place that you live in; your body; money matters...).
A King may indicate that you need to protect something; or that is is sensible to protect yourself, and you're doing just fine.
Sometimes it can also mean that one must open up; then the King has become too controlling; a tyrant who lets nothing out or in.

rcb30872

Well, the King of Pentacles I tend to view that as someone who could quite possibly own his business. Pretty much very materialistic, you know, all the comforts and all the mod cons, you know a great big plasma TV, digital camera, state-of-the-art stereo system, i-Pod or MP3 player, blah, blah, blah.

As it comes to other things, then it could be the fact that they tend to be a bit of a workaholic, so that he and his family (if he has one) can have all that they need and live comfortably. They tend to be quite sensuous, likes the touching, caressing, and so forth.

I guess it could simply mean that you could be your own boss, and have your own company. OR someone that fits the above description.

memries

Vetch.. you are right the way you put it Kings do guard their borders.
I see it now and maybe it is that quality that makes a King in addition of course to all the other assets. Would the Knight guard the borders the same way unless he is told to ? I somehow don't think so.

The King guards the borders of himself as well then. One of these people who knows when to do it or not. Yes or no and shove off if necessary.
Good point.

nickslan

Thank you for your responses, everyone!

jenessa

Here's some of what i've copied & pasted into my notes from various sources.
Sorry i can't give credit where its due & otherwise be more specific, but in sharing this i thank everyone @ AT.

Kings manage & direct activities, so they can represent the "driving force" behind something happening. So as either outcome or advice, King Coins stresses the NEED to be both practical & realistic.

-- This KING could also appear to indicate: that there is no need to continue struggling as regards your endeavours & objectives. So the suggestion in this sense, is that IF you've been struggling with something, you should have the opportunity to put this behind you.

-- King Coins can also signal: steady progress or an improvement in the Querant's financial position; business dealings, or in their professional life.

++ It can also be read to suggest: practical competence

** as ADVICE: This King appears to suggest that you use common sense and do something practical .. physical even about the situation .. throw money at it, or roll up your sleeves and get to work.