Finding your soulmate spread

C.N.

I have searched for a spread to help me find my soulmate. All I found was relationship spreads for people who has already found someone, so I decided to make my own:

First split your deck into four parts: Aces, Court cards, Majors and other Minors.
Shuffle each part, ask question etc...

The cards:
1 - What is my/your soulmate like? (Court Card)
2 - In what situation will I/You meet my/your soulmate? (Minor)
3 - How to approach/charm my/your soulmate? (Ace)
4 - Advice card (Major)

Comments, suggestions?

Trogon

Howdy CN... looks like a good spread to me. I'm not sure about the reason for splitting the deck apart and only using part of it for each position.... Hmmm... on second thought... yes, I can see how at least the courts would apply more to the "What is my/your soulmate like?" position... Hmmm... food for thought.

You might also want to take a look at one posted by Zander a while back, in this thread; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9034 Zander's "love search" spread is about 2/3 of the way down on the first page.

Sandra

I am going to try it!

Hi there

Before I trying this spread, a question needs to be answered first....

Which card is about 'timing'? Can this spread tell me when I will find the soulmate?

Sandra

LittleWing

i'm always confused when asking 'timing' from a spread. which card indicates soon, or never!!

for example - the tower could mean something is going to drasticall y change .... bringing your lover to you. but on the other hand it could mean that everything will go wrong - and it is not going to happen.

HudsonGray

Remember, soul mates don't necessarily mean 'lovers'. A soul mate can be any age or gender, they're the ones who know you as well as you know yourself and can finish your sentences for you (and you theirs, it's reciprocated!). And they're not necessarily permenently in your life, they do come and go. We get several soulmates in our lifetimes.

I only say this because movies, books & tv ONLY portray soul mates as passionate lovers with you forever until a tragedy takes them away........romantic, but very limiting and far from the real truth.

C.N.

Trogon: Thanks for the link, just what I was looking for. About the splitting up, well I guess that is optional except for the court cards.

Sandra: I have no clue how get the timing from a spread. But the second card is the one closest related to timing (In what situation = an event in space/time). If you want to know time and know how to get the time from a card, try to add a fifth timecard under the second card.

HundsonGray: I realized that myself later when I did a test reading and saw cards that clearly hinted at one of my best friends. I would recommend to all readers that if you are looking for a lover-soulmate, then state it clearly.

HudsonGray

LOL that's like the story I heard about someone doing a 'come to me' spell for a soul mate, they narrowed down the gender but they didn't specify sexual orientation! She got a gay friend coming out of the woodwork & it went really well for years before they parted--soul mates, but not lovers. Gotta be specific about what you mean, sometimes!

skysilver

I like your spread:

I am going to try it and see how it goes... :)

mike gorth

Great spread. I just put it in my book of spreads.

VZed

Why Split the cards - Hmmm

Well the feeling I get is as follows:
The cards:
1 - What is my/your soulmate like? (Court Card)
Desribes the personalities of the person.
2 - In what situation will I/You meet my/your soulmate? (Minor)
Describes teh normal everyday life situations that occur (may need more than on if clarification is necessary).
3 - How to approach/charm my/your soulmate? (Ace)
Describes beginnings.
4 - Advice card (Major)
Serious message by using stages (Where I am at) in the life process. This still needs some thought though.

I hope this sort of sounds sensible (untuitively speaking LOL).

Just some of my thoughts.

Love Light and Peace
Vernon