Empress + Death = Someone's opinion of me?!?

Furnacechant

Apologies if this should go under 'Your Readings', but it seems like we've had discussion of two card combinations before in this forum. I keep having this come up lately, generally in the position of 'what someone thinks of me' and frankly I find it unsettling. Empress is normally a pretty positive card, and I know Death is not always bad, but in this combination, it doesn't feel too comfortable to me...and if I'm making a phenomenally bad impression, I want to know what it is so I can correct. I did draw a third and fourth card, but those vary while this repeats, so I'm thinking Empress and Death is the significant thing. All I can think of is, I must seem very...intimidating?...Or contradictory...( not in an argumentative sense, since I don't do that, but Empress and Death seem in some ways like opposing energies to me)?

Skysteel

Furnacechant said:
Empress is normally a pretty positive card, and I know Death is not always bad, but in this combination, it doesn't feel too comfortable to me...

Balancing life and death may not feel comfortable, nor sound particularly healthy, but it's ultimately both. Severing ties with ones nurturing figure is a comparable situation.

Furnacechant

Skysteel said:
Balancing life and death may not feel comfortable, nor sound particularly healthy, but it's ultimately both. Severing ties with ones nurturing figure is a comparable situation.

But..how would that apply when the question is about what someone's opinion of me is, or the kind of impression I'm making? That I seem like I need to grow up?

Skysteel

Furnacechant said:
But..how would that apply when the question is about what someone's opinion of me is, or the kind of impression I'm making? That I seem like I need to grow up?

Why do you think that?

Furnacechant

Skysteel said:
Why do you think that?

I suppose because I tend to feel very...inexperienced and awkward in dealing with others...it's the first thing that occurred with that last comment of yours. Also my mother did pass away a few years ago, and I've since felt very lost because I was always rather over-reliant on her advice.

Starling

How about they see you as a very vital adult woman going through a period of transformation?

You might want to do a reading with one or both of the cards pulled out and used as significators to find out what kind of transformation, but from what you said, you are transforming from someone who was a bit too dependent on her mother, to someone who has to go it alone, as all adults do at some point.

Thirteen

Furnacechant said:
I suppose because I tend to feel very...inexperienced and awkward in dealing with others...it's the first thing that occurred with that last comment of yours. Also my mother did pass away a few years ago, and I've since felt very lost because I was always rather over-reliant on her advice.
That would seem to answer your question. It might not be a matter of "growing up" so much as "moving on." Death is often about ending your mourning, ending that part of your life and finding the new part. Perhaps this person feels that they can't really know what to feel about you because you're still transforming.

We all go through periods like that. In between times when we haven't quite shed the old self that we were before the "Death," and we haven't found our new "reborn" self. You're still in-between, and this person maybe feels that they want to wait and see what sort of new self you become.

Furnacechant

Thirteen said:
That would seem to answer your question. It might not be a matter of "growing up" so much as "moving on." Death is often about ending your mourning, ending that part of your life and finding the new part. Perhaps this person feels that they can't really know what to feel about you because you're still transforming.

We all go through periods like that. In between times when we haven't quite shed the old self that we were before the "Death," and we haven't found our new "reborn" self. You're still in-between, and this person maybe feels that they want to wait and see what sort of new self you become.

Thank you. That makes quite a bit of sense with what I feel about myself, actually. I hope I turn out to be worth the wait...

Mellifluous

To be honest, I'd think they see you as very feminine and extremely sexy.

I mean, beyond the 'nurturing, mature, caring, good woman going through a period of transformation . . .' that's all that comes to mind.

Stop worrying and have fun! ;)

PS No offence meant by 'very feminine', if you're not a woman! lol

Grizabella

They find you "drop dead gorgeous" and all woman?

Hey----it was the first thing that came to my mind. Tarot does speak that way sometimes, you know. ;)