best daily self-reading spread?

VerseJunkie

I've been using a basic five card set up for my daily self-reading, but it's not quite working. what do y'all use?

Rhiannon

I myself only draw one card a day. Some people find the "Mind, Body, Spirit" spread helpful for a daily draw.

R :)

Emily

I also use a 5 card spread but I do :-
>>past>> 1 card
>>present>> 2 cards
>>future>> 2 cards
and then maybe a clarifier for the spread. :)

Astraea

Daily Draws

Hi, VerseJunkie! The number of cards I use in my daily draws depends upon need, mood, how much time I have, and other considerations. Sometimes it's one card; sometimes I draw a single card from one deck and a second from another deck; and sometimes it's a basic three-card draw. I don't draw more than three as a rule, but sometimes I will draw an additional card for clarification.

azuremariposa

hi VerseJunkie...
i've only recently started to do daily readings, and i've found one card is enough to give me the "energy of the day"...
for a reading on one's self, i would think what Rhiannon suggested, a "mind, body, spirit" reading, would be helpful...
many blessings to all!

FantasyWorld

I do a 3 card draw. It has an overall feel for the day but mostly ends up being
1)morning
2)afternoon
3)evening

It works well usually but there are times when more cards would be helpful. I may eventually switch to a 5-card spread.

Umbrae

"Doing a daily draw of one or two cards a day is fine for yourself. I like a daily draw of two and only two cards. The first is the challenge or issue of the day. The second is what the challenge brings to you; your lesson or what you must do to overcome the challenge.

"When folks are new, they have a tendency to 'over read'. If they do not like the reading, they do a second 'clarifying' reading, and then perhaps another 'clarify the clarification'…

"The Shaman Zorya said, "If we are too attached to a perceived outcome, we may miss opportunities, or what is truly meant for us".

plagerized from "The Process" found in the text section of this forum.

azuremariposa

Umbrae, you are shameless! :D