yorickbrown

relationship spread

so the stuff i i'd like to know is:

what she thinks of me
how she feels about me
whether she would consider a relationship
what i'd/she'd/we'd need to do to have a relationship
whether or not the relationship would be good for us

if possible i'd like more than one card for the "what she thinks/feels, whether she wants a relationship" questions.

also (if someone can think of any spreads) i'll post my reading here and i'd greatly appreciate any advice on interpreting the cards!! i'm going bonkers trying to do my own readings and i'm still rather a novice at all this.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks,
yorick brown

Alissa

Have you tried browsing the Spreads forum index, listed at the top of the Spreads forum page? There are literally dozens of relationship spreads listed there that may be of assistance to you.

And, I myself am a proponent of making up the spread you need - you could use each of the questions/issues you list above as a spread position, if you so wished.

Best wishes finding your answers...

yorickbrown

i did look through all the spreads and none of them gave me quite the information i needed. just after i posted, i actually tried to generate my own spread from it.

are there certain structures one has to bear in mind to do it? or is there a particular logic one has to embrace when constructing one's own spread?

i don't want to go barking up the wrong tree!

yorickbrown

Alissa

Spread structure seems to be very haphazard. Some folks use spreads based on a picture - spreads shaped like teacups, or cats, or icebergs. I believe these are meant to help the reader to remember layout and/or card positions, and often have very little to do with the content of the spread itself. Many other spreads base their structure on chronology (daily reads, past-present-future).

To my understanding of Tarot, there is no underlying spread structure that must be followed at all times. Each spread can be as unique as the question it seeks to address. Some spreads become very useful and easy to remember, and can end up as part of the Tarot reader's typical "bag of tricks" due to their repetition.

If I were to give any advice on making a spread, I would recommend less cards, not more, as a general "rule." One common mistake, as I see it, is to seek spreads that use lots of positions in the hopes that it will garner lots of information. Instead, the Tarot reader ends up with TMI (Too Much Information) and can be more easily overwhelmed.

Also, spread positions that become TOO specific can limit what answers you may receive. In other words, a spread position for an open-ended phrase such as "How She Feels for Me" may be more helpful than "Does She Like Me?" which closes the possibilities down to one set of "variables" (for lack of a better word).

Best of luck!

yorickbrown

brilliant! thanks for the advice. i'm going to tinker with it right away!

yorickbrown

well, i fiddled about and this is what i came up with:

**1**
*2*3*
**4**
*5*6*
**7**

1. the current situation? HIGH PRIESTESS
2. what her feelings are towards me? 2 OF RODS
3. what she thinks about me? 1 OF RODS
4. how she feels about the prospect of a relationship with me? MOON
5. what she'll do/ is thinking of doing etc. 6 OF DISKS
6. what i should do KING OF SWORDS
7. outcome 3 OF RODS

it seems to work quite okay... i rather like it. it explores the issues i wanted to anyway...

does anyone have any advice on adapting it or reconstructing it, or making it more efficient?

yorick