Yes/No/Maybe Spread: 13 Cards, 3 Piles

Zombina

My friends and I have come up with a way to do yes/no/maybe questions using three separate piles of cards, with up to 13 cards in each - but there are some twists.

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but of course, I'm terrible at explaining things. I'll try and do my best. :p

1. Shuffle the deck in anyway you find suited.
2. While or after shuffling, ask your question out loud to yourself or in your head - do the same for if you're doing the spread for someone else.
3. Start with pile 1, and start laying down cards. Keep doing so until you get 13 cards in the pile or receive an Ace or Magician.
4. If you don't get an Ace or Mage in your first pile, start a new one, and follow the third step until you finish the third pile.

• The Aces and Mage cards signify a 'yes', and a pile of 13 cards signifies 'no'.
• The Mage is more powerful than the Aces and symbolizes something like 'most likely' or 'very yes'.
• If you get both an Ace and a Mage in your reading, you can assume the answer is 'yes'.
• However, if for example you receive one Ace and the other piles have 13 cards in them, they outweigh the Ace, and the answer is 'most likely no'.
• Since the Mage has so much power in this reading, receiving the Mage and two piles of 13 cards, is a 'maybe' answer, or a 'possibly'.
• Obviously if you receive all Aces or two Aces and Mage, the answer is 'definitely yes'. Likewise, if all three piles contain 13 cards, the answer is 'definitely no'.

It's important to make the question as direct and clear as possible. Make it as simple as you can. I hear that if you already know the answer to a question you ask in a yes/no/maybe reading, the cards will end up messing with you.

I hope this was helpful or at least fun and interesting for some of you. =]

lilangel09

I've been using something similar. However, the Mage/Magician part is a new addition. I think I will be doing that from now on.

Zombina

Awesome, I hope you get some good results.

starrgracie

Aces Question?

Hello,

I read your post about the Ace/Magician Spread and I liked it. My question is: If you receive an Ace and a Magician, but the next pile is no Aces or Magician (just 13 cards), I am assuming that that is a "yes", like you said, correct?

Have you ever taken it one step further to find out exactly when, like the season on the Aces? Do you know what I'm asking? Specific time?

Thanks,
StarrGracie

Zombina

Do you mean if your question has to do with time?

And yeah, the ace + mage = yes

starrgracie

I mean if you ask a question that gives you a "yes" answer, can any of the numbers on the cards tell you exactly when it will happen?

Like if you draw an Ace of Pentacles and a Magician, will that mean that the event will happen in the Spring, because the Ace of Pentacles represents Spring?

Do you know what I'm asking?

Thanks
StarrGracie

Zombina

Oh I see what you're saying. I'm not sure, I've never really gotten that far into it, really. I'm sure there's no harm in trying to experiment with the spread and trying to alter it in ways you think would make it work better for yourself. You could also try drawing clarification cards, and ask something like, "with ___ happen soon?" or you could try asking it in a new yes/no question and see what you come up with.

tryingtoreadtarot

question
i did the spread and the 1st pile, card 2 was ace of pentacles, 2nd pile was magician and the third was ace of cups, but i think it was closer to the 10th card.

does this mean yes?

Zombina

Yes, it doesn't matter how many cards it takes you to get to an ace or mage. Only that you get one. If you don't, and end up with 13 cards, simply move to the next pile until you're finished.

Viper_05

tried it, got the magician after 9 cards, ace of cups the 2nd car 2nd pile and 3rd pile i didnt get any cups, im going to assume it means yes