Magical Forest - High Priestess

jeseryn

He

It's throwing me off a little bit because the card description very deliberately says "he" for this card. Being an owl it's hard to tell either way and I would much rather believe it's a female. Anyone else catch that?

r0sered1ster

I did notice, but I also noticed a lot of the descriptions seem to be a little odd. I'm thinking maybe the translation into English from Chinese?

jeseryn

true enough. Love reading the thoughts for each card! Still waiting on the suit of swords and the last of the major arcana.
:)

karen0205

jeseryn said:
true enough. Love reading the thoughts for each card! Still waiting on the suit of swords and the last of the major arcana.
:)

Just put up the first of the Swords cards!

Hi Jeseryn, all the majors are done, you might have to go back a little farther in
the threads. Some of them have no replies so they stay towards the back of
the forum. They can be hard to find.

Please let me know if you do find one missing. I had to go back past the
Fool card to find some others so don't think you are at the beginning if you find the Fool. There are still more after that. The Fool card must have more
replies and it's brought more to the front than the others.

karen0205

I was back at page 4 or 5 to find some.

mando

The priestess stands at the doorway - blocking the way, waiting for someone, for you maybe? I am very interested in what she has to say, and what could be through the doorway (there seems to be a large mountain). She wants me to stop and listen for a while. The banner above her has pictures of seeds sprouting, perhaps symbolising the germination of a new idea, a spiritual embryo - but its also blocking the view of whats behind. She has an hair of royalty because of the crown, but also of simplicity because of the plain white coat. The theme of religion is indicated by her crucifix, and the bible she holds. The square slab she is on reminds me of a temple - but am I on the inside looking out? Perhaps its time to leave the tradition of the temple and she is blocking my path! What lies between Yin and Yang? What is the white sickle thing coming around her? Is it the moon (is the unconscious just a trinket at her feet?)

Wikipedia: "The right Tablet of the law (Moses' Decalogue) further signifies Jachin-the white pillar of light; the left Tablet, Boaz-the shadowy pillar of darkness. These were the names of the two pillars cast from brass set up on the porch of King Solomon's Temple... These two pillars respectively connote also the active and the passive expressions of Divine Energy, the Sun and the Moon, sulphur and salt, good and bad, light and darkness. "

hshaffery

mando said:
What is the white sickle thing coming around her? Is it the moon (is the unconscious just a trinket at her feet?)

It seems that the moon is wrapped around her more than laying carelessly at her feet, protective and intimately linked to her existence. Perhaps, unlike the holy book she's holding, the moon is just too large to be anywhere but carefully placed at her feet where she is grounded in it.

mando

Yes, it does look very protective - almost like a force field.