Page of Swords as feelings

lilnurse89

I always took this card to be about thoughts and communication, but I'm really unsure how to interpret this one as feelings. Maybe being cut or hurt by hurtful words or having to say hurtful words. What do you guys think?

rwcarter

The Page is just beginning to master his use of the sword (words, communications). So he's likely to fumble with it, drop it, nick himself or others, etc.

So as feelings about something I'd say awkwardness, feeling uncomfortable, etc. As feelings for someone, I'd say they were feelings that one was having difficulty expressing.

Rodney

Eddie

lilnurse89 said:
I always took this card to be about thoughts and communication, but I'm really unsure how to interpret this one as feelings. Maybe being cut or hurt by hurtful words or having to say hurtful words. What do you guys think?

I'd agree with Rodney here. This page desperately wants to do the right thing or think in a certain way but his lack of experience/knowledge, this area would depend on the subject matter, makes him feel unsure and worried that he might do the wrong thing.

The trouble is that this page is very brave. What he lacks in experience he more than makes up in courage and this could be his down fall.

His lower ranking could also indicate the very beginning of something or developments.

Eddie

Icewindstar

Page of swords as feelings, can be a simple statement that creates something new, an idea, a decision or response.

Thirteen

Page of Sword has been given the coolest, most deadly item that any page could be given (knowledge, information, intellect). So he likely feels some desire to show it off to the other pages, to boast that, obviously, he's the only one superior enough to handle such an item.

He might be worried once he starts training and he gets cut, but no one wants to wield a sword unless they have some arrogance and confidence (however misplaced) at their ability to handle it. So he might be feeling smug--meaning he thinks he's cooler and more superior than he really is because he was given the deadly weapon. Or he might indicate feelings of boredom or a need of attention, and thus "trolls" (says obnoxious things--swings the sword around) to amuse himself and get noticed. Or he might be feeling vengeful--like a picked on nerd showing off his intellect, or someone who has been hurt by others who is spreading rumors and secrets to get back at them.

In all cases, I'm in agreement with Rodney that this Page is not so knowledgable as he thinks he is. The question is, does he know this (and is anxious and worried) or is he blind to this (and is smug) and will he have to learn the hard way that this sword can cut him as much as it can cut others?

lilnurse89

wow, those are some really good responses and explanations. I think you're right with the inexperience and arrogance. That totally makes sense. Thank you all

angelarenea

POS as feelings

I've searched high and low about the POS. I get the description given of him. How do you explain this page as feelings. For example A feelings for B. I think the feelings would be that A feels that B is too expressive abs akward in communication. Maybe attempting to have conversations A isn't ready for?

septimus

Page of swords could also be viewed as a bit autistic....which is pretty much what Rodney and Thirteen said in their responses....Excellent thread!

angelarenea

It is a fabulous thread but I am looking for the feelings aspect. I get the description/ personality aspect.