Thread: Enochian Magick
View Single Post
Citizen

smw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
I find the 'Enochian Trance' different from 'scrying' , normal conscious and hypnotism ( which one should forget , unless one has a problem such an addiction or bad emotional state that cant be beaten, and then only with a very reliable person ).
I am wondering if hypnotism sometimes gets a bad reputation from those shows where they supposedly get someone in the audience to cluck like a chicken or something. I can't see that someone would do that against their will, if they didn't really want to. Although thinking about it, in an everyday sense if there is only one large piece of chocolate cake left the secret impulse might be to grab it...mine... all mine... which is held back by social conditioning. If inhibitions are down and relaxed then maybe you might just do it. on one hand you don't want to, on the other you do

Quote:
Then again it may have been the way we did it, which was a variation. I found the 'babbel' (the Enochian calls themselves) very effective to induce this, combined with the strong visual images of the 'squares'
There seems to be some historical controversy about working with Enochian Magic. According to wiki Paul Foster Case was opposed to it's use and incorporation into the Golden Dawn by MacGregor Mathers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKI
In the "Wheel of Life" magazine, in March 1937, Case described B.O.T.A.'s relationship to the Golden Dawn, and his beliefs about the Golden Dawn's use of Enochian material.

"B.O.T.A. is a direct off-shoot of the Golden Dawn, but its work has been purged of all the dangerous and dubious magic incorporated into the Golden Dawn's curriculum by the late S.L. MacGregor Mathers, who was responsible for the inclusion of the ceremonials based on the skrying of Sir Edward Kelly.

"There is much in these Golden Dawn rituals and ceremonies that is of the greatest value; but from the first grade to the last it is all vitiated by these dangerous elements taken from Dee and Kelly. Furthermore, in many places, the practical working is not provided with adequate safeguards, so that, to the present writer's personal knowledge, an operator working with the Golden Dawn [Enochian] rituals runs very grave risks of breaking down his physical organism, or of obsession by evil entities."[27]
I have just been reading something about the calls, it might have been on one of the book reviews I was looking at. That mentioned that they can be quite powerful and caution needs to be exercised. Maybe scrying the Aethyrs is a less direct route to exploring, while using Crowley's visions rather than than going headlong in yourself. This could be a possible buffer, for beginners. The other thing that maybe is helpful with this is not getting too internalised with your own stuff as maybe the attempt helps widen your consciousness to take in an 'other's viewpoint. Possibly an empathy stretch... still thinking about it.

Quote:
( I have not worked with the aethyrs much ) . Then again, then again, it could have been due to my direct connection with the tools used (I spent 90 hours painting those squares. )
this reminds me of a carpenter or artist really loving the medium they are using and connecting with it to realise what they are creating.
Top   #13