Tarot of Saqqara

Tarotwolf

I just received a copy of The Tarot of Saqqara in the mail today. This looks to be a great Egyptian themed deck and it appears to have its own esoteric philosophy underpinning its design. It's not just a RWS clone with Egyptian styled images plastered on the cards. One of the first thoughts to cross my mind was - "This deck might have something meaningful to teach me". Not many decks speak to me like that.

I'll need to spend some time to see what this deck is all about; in the meantime, what do others think of The Tarot of Saqqara?

Annabelle

I was completely unaware of this deck before I spotted this thread :).

The majors look beautiful. The minors fail to impress me, though. (That doesn't mean, however, that I'm not going to order a copy!)

Tarotwolf

I agree with your view toward the minors, they seem to read like "pips" (depending on how one reads, this could be good or bad).

I took a photo of several cards to give an idea what the deck looks like. The deck's website shows all the cards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 425

Inconnu

I'd never heard of this pack either. The illustrations are beautiful, though it doesn't add to the beauty to have the deck name & title on there in such bold font. Kinda' looks like an advertisement.

Other than that, like em'.

Patrick Booker

I have ordered this - looks good. I have come across Donald Beaman's artwork before. He has provided the cover art for some of Jonathan Goldman's CDs:

http://www.healingsounds.com/

I have seen a set of images online for the Majors some years ago, but I cannot remember where. I don't think they were exactly the same, but I was very impressed with them. They were not available for purchase as cards at that time.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

Comparing a CD cover design with the images for this deck, I can see that they are the same. I think that the new set of Majors are in fact the same as those previously presented. A lovely deck anyway, and I look forward to receiving it.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

My deck is being held at my local Royal Mail sorting office, and will not be released until I pay a hefty Customs charge. Extremely annoying.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

I have my deck, and I am very impressed. I need to read through the LWB properly, but I noticed that the titles are taken from the Golden Dawn system. However, the artist has clearly drawn upon many sources for his inspiration, including vision and intuition. There seems to have been a hardcover book available to Kickstarter participants.

Patrick