Samael aun weor's eternal tarot deck

La'al quiet fella

Does anyone have experience of Samael aun weor's eternal tarot?

I bought two of his books based on reviewers recommending their practical qabalist exercises and alchemy insights.

However, his insights aside, his system seems unique to tarot, his deck having a different structure and correspondences to traditional tarot.

My only experience is with the Thoth deck and I am happy to explore other systems, but was wandering if anyone could give me some idea of how they have found this deck in practical use.

the cards themselves look stunning, very clear and beautiful icons of ancient Egypt, but I am a little sceptical as the books, rather than explain why the system works, relies more on the authors divine inspiration by accessing the astral realms, including how he 'found' the original structure of the original tarot.

gregory

Do you mean this one ?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Eternal-Tarot-Answers-Divinity/dp/1943358001/aeclectic/

I got it this morning. The imagery looks like any other "Egyptian" deck (as in the USGames one etc.) The cards are very attractive, I'll give it that - and it was dirt cheap, which was why I bought it.

I haven't exactly read the book that comes with it yet. It does include the words "genuine spiritual knowledge", which generally annoys me... and there is a fair bit about how tarot has been degraded and so on over the years, with his own agenda which must be substituted for everything we have let it sink to. And he states unequivocally that the tarot is kabbalah, and that it was all given to us by Metatron - I am just dipping into the book now, opening it at random, and I am already being irritated.

The way I read won't help you much, but I will give it a shot. NOT today.

Babalon Jones

Does anyone have experience of Samael aun weor's eternal tarot?

I bought two of his books based on reviewers recommending their practical qabalist exercises and alchemy insights.

However, his insights aside, his system seems unique to tarot, his deck having a different structure and correspondences to traditional tarot.
I do not have his deck, but somewhere I have one of his books on the subject, I think called something with alchemy and the tarot in the title. What do you think of the books you have? I cannot remember examples without getting it out, but I have a memory of feeling irritation with it, much like gregory described.
since this is about the deck, have edited to add, it does not seem to follow a tarot structure, more of an oracle deck?

La'al quiet fella

I do not have his deck, but somewhere I have one of his books on the subject, I think called something with alchemy and the tarot in the title. What do you think of the books you have? I cannot remember examples without getting it out, but I have a memory of feeling irritation with it, much like gregory described.
since this is about the deck, have edited to add, it does not seem to follow a tarot structure, more of an oracle deck?

I bought the same book hoping for a good basis in alchemy. What I found was that the author seems very knowledgable but does not evidence or back up his statements or belief systems. it felt that the entire basis of the book and the accompanying deck relied on the author as an authority because he had been enlightened since birth.

this made me quite dismissive, but he did found the world wide gnostic society & devoted his life to this work, which made me stop and think.

I still found his books a bit like self help guides for the soul, which gave me an irritating feeling, I think similar to Gregory's

I was curious what others experience with the cards & deck might be in case I was missing something, but appears not.

Thanks all for your responses.

Tarotwolf

The deck seems like a fairly standard "Egyptian" deck and is consecutively numbered. The booklet might piss off a few readers here. It basically says any use of the Tarot except for spiritual purposes is WRONG. Throw the booklet away and it's a decent deck.