Ace of cups + two of cups as feelings

kuguinha

I pulled a set of cards for feelings.
The ace and the two of cups came next to the other as for his and mine feelings.

I think this two cards next to each other means a deep connection. Like, a seed was planted and now love can grow.

Thirteen

kuguinha said:
I think this two cards next to each other means a deep connection. Like, a seed was planted and now love can grow.
Watch out for that "deep" connection assumption. Ace and Two are not "deep." Trees with old roots are deep. Seeds are a promise that might grow or not. Because they're not deep, like that old tree, they need to be planted in the right soil, get the right amount of water and sun, nurturing.

You are the 2/Cups, in which a single meeting can make the person feel like they've known the other one forever, and that there is something between you that clicks. But this doesn't mean that connection is guaranteed to go beyond that meeting.

Ace/Cups means that he is experiencing a well-spring of feelings, but he's not sure about them just yet, and certainly not directing them toward you to the exclusivity of everyone else. Where you've decided where to plant a single seed, he's scattered them around and is waiting to see which one sprouts.

Not every seed succeeds. Beware assuming a deep connection from these cards. The seed can and will die if you think it's "deep" enough not to require any attention or care. Or if you assume that you're the only seed and have no competition.

kuguinha

Oh, I see. That maked perfect sense. I will be more carefull with words.

But your words were right to the point and made some things clearer.

I'm still new to tarot so I'm learning everyday :)

Thirteen

kuguinha said:
I'm still new to tarot so I'm learning everyday :)
All good! Trust me that everyone here, even us old-timers are still learning. One never stops when it comes to the Tarot. And if I've learned anything it's to really value newbies like you, who can still point out to me things I've never thought of before with their fresh takes on the cards.

And it is true that 2/Cups fits that favorite romantic fantasy of Romeo-Juliet locking eyes across a room and knowing that "this is the one!" Feeling that there is a connection and chemistry and all that is exactly what the card is all about.

But even practiced readers ignore the "caveat" that goes with 2/Cups, which is that this wonderful connection is delicate. Which was why I thought I'd better jump in. I wanted you to know that the fish is still nibbling on the bait, not quite on the hook yet, so you shouldn't reel in the line just yet. But he is nibbling, and that means that if you give it a little more time, you could snag him. Hang in there. We don't want this one to get away, right? ;)

DrDave

Thirteen said:
the fish is still nibbling on the bait, not quite on the hook yet, so you shouldn't reel in the line just yet. ;)

Aces require consciousness.
They are not just raw powers, unfertilized seeds or hidden gifts,but a generative energy.

You have to work the power of the Ace.
Don't just assume that it is going to just happen.

The World doesn't owe you anything.you have to meet it halfway.
DD

kuguinha

Thirteen, please my teacher :)
No, really, your words are really deep and inspiring. I love to hear more about the things you have to say. It's like you can read about my thoughts. The description of the two was great. I really feel like that.

And yes, I don't want him to get away :)

DrDave, I did understand your words too. Things need to ber taken care of or it will never happen.