Lon Milo DuQuette in a singer songwriter contest

Babalon Jones

Lon Milo DuQuette is in a singer songwriter contest, and it looks like he has a good chance at winning. The prize is a spot on the Jimmy Kimmel TV show. He is up to #4 out of over 10,000 artists! The more times we listen, the better chance he has.

I don't have a TV but I'd get a kick out of him winning and getting on, and find a way to watch it.

Give his songs a listen, they are pretty catchy! I've been playing them whenever I have a spare moment on the computer, just to help out.

http://songwriter.amplifiertv.com/channel/Lon+Milo+DuQuette

Babalon Jones

Since I've read and enjoyed a lot of his writings over the years, and especially his book on the Thoth deck (which is why I posted this here), I'm happy to see is doing really great in this - he is now up to the #2 spot and neck and neck with number 1. The songs are good, too, so it is deserved. I like seeing people with multiple talents, and would love to see him succeed at this.

I think the contest runs until November 1st, so keep on playing if you want to see Lon Milo on TV })

Luckily I can play music softly at work, so I've been playing them as much as possible.

http://songwriter.amplifiertv.com/channel/Lon+Milo+DuQuette

edited to add, he just slid into the top spot!

Flames

The last email I received on Oct. 5, indicated he was in the 30th place out of 10,000!! And now he's in the top spot??!! Amazing. :) That man is talented and so very brilliant.

Babalon Jones

Yeah, very much. I like the songs the more I listen to them. Otherwise I couldn't!

I just noticed the competition goes until Nov. 9th (longer than I thought at first) so he has to keep momentum for a while and get people to keep listening for a sustained time to stay in first place.

nicky

please listen to the whole song - from Lon:
Once again....PLEASE LISTEN. While I truly appreciate your efforts to help me with this song contest, the organizers have the right to discount votes that they think are accrued by family or friends who try to "Unduly influence" the result. The organizers can AND HAVE removed votes that they think have happen this way. I appreciate the love and support, but PLEASE, they have already kicked out over 10,000 votes for me. This morning I am in 4th place and they have the right to completely KICK ME OUT OF THE CONTEST if this keeps up. So PLEASE play my videos, but PLEASE don't play them more times a day than you could actually listen to them. I BELIEVE I ALREADY QUALIFY TO BE IN THE FIRST ROUND OF JUDGING. DON'T MAKE THEM KICK ME OUT NOW. Thanks , Love, Lon Milo DuQuette

Babalon Jones

I guess some one or ones were running multiple tabs simultaneously. But he says it is fine to listen repeatedly all day, just one tab at a time, with sound on. I hope he can gain back that ground, fairly of course, so I'm just playing them at my computer as I work.

Babalon Jones

Well, he is inching his way back up, now at number two...