summer solstice

daneo52

Does anyone have a special spread for this occassion?

BodhiSeed

Summer Solstice Spread

Bodhran's Summer Solstice Spread:

~~~~~1~~~~~
4~~The Sun~~2
~~~~~3~~~~~

Pull "The Sun" from the deck and place it face up in the center.

1. During the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, more light is available to us. What in my life has been in shadow, that I need to shine a bright light on so I can see it clearly for what it is?

2. The word "solstice" comes from the Latin "sol" (meaning sun) and "sistere" (meaning to cause to stand still). What in my life am I trying to force into happening when instead I need to be still and patient?

3. The Summer Solstice is often called "Midsummer" because it is roughly in the middle of the growing season. What in my life is fertile and productive now? Where are my opportunities for growth?

4. After Summer Solstice, the days gradually become shorter, and the sun's strength wanes as winter approaches. What is waning in my life? What do I need to release?

Hope you enjoy the spread and have a "sunny" Summer Solstice!

ETA: If you don't want to remove the Sun card from your deck, use one from another deck or put a stone in the middle to represent the sun.:)

janstar17

Nice spread!!

bodhran said:
Bodhran's Summer Solstice Spread:

~~~~~1~~~~~
4~~The Sun~~2
~~~~~3~~~~~

Pull "The Sun" from the deck and place it face up in the center.

1. During the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, more light is available to us. What in my life has been in shadow, that I need to shine a bright light on so I can see it clearly for what it is?

2. The word "solstice" comes from the Latin "sol" (meaning sun) and "sistere" (meaning to cause to stand still). What in my life am I trying to force into happening when instead I need to be still and patient?

3. The Summer Solstice is often called "Midsummer" because it is roughly in the middle of the growing season. What in my life is fertile and productive now? Where are my opportunities for growth?

4. After Summer Solstice, the days gradually become shorter, and the sun's strength wanes as winter approaches. What is waning in my life? What do I need to release?

Hope you enjoy the spread and have a "sunny" Summer Solstice!
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

Bodhran...thanks for posting this! It asks wonderful questions and sounds like a great spread to do at this time of year.

Blue Fury

Thank you Bodhran

Wow, what a fab spread. I will definitely use this tomorrow. I am taking some quiet time at midday to give thanks and contemplate and I have somebody to include in my thoughts who needs something to help them heal. I was goiing to draw a tarot card for them for the coming year, but this is so lovely that I am going to use this to create for them an empowering message. I think it was serendipity that I looked here today because usually I don't have much time to browse and this caught my eye straight away. Solstice blessings to you all, Fury xxx

BodhiSeed

Thanks

Janstar and Blue Fury,
Thanks for the feedback on the spread! Hope you have a wonderful solstice!
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

daneo52

re

thank you!

Emily

Thats a nice spread Bodhran,

I'm going to try it tonight. :)

VZed

Hi Bohdran

Thanks for the posting this spread. It really looks good. I'm going to try it later on today.

I am in the Southern Hemisphere so I am going to a winter solstice. I am going to replace the sun with the moon as the nights have the dominance right now for me.

I'll let you know how it works.

Love Light and Peace
Vernon

Blue Fury

Just perfect

Ah, what can I say? did 5 readings using this fabulous spread and it was very empowering and I enjoyed doing each and every one. Think this one may become a midsummer ritual in perpetuity. Thanks once again Bodhran, have you any more up your sleeve? Blessings, Fury xxx

Whitestar

Thank you!

Bodhran,

Thank you so much for sharing this spread!!!

I haven't tried a new spread in awhile, and I used this one yesterday (for myself), and it was so clear and concise, I loved it!!!

I added one more card (unplanned :)), a sort of summary or "message" card that tied it all together.

Thanks again,
Whitestar