Santisima Muerte Tarot?

Golden Moon

I've seen it available in shops in Mexico and South Texas.

Queen Hippolyta

Sinduction said:
Anyone know anything about this one?

http://www.papajimsbotanica.com/product_reviews.php/cPath/81/products_id/7886

Only clicks to a slightly larger picture, no other info. Number of cards, nothing. I'm wondering if it just a newer version of a majors only deck that I have.

I'd rather not buy from that site since I don't know it. Has anyone seen it available elsewhere?

SANTISIMA MUERTE means "the good death" in Spanish. It is speaking of the death of Jesus. A lot of Mexicans mix the Catholic religion and their older ways together. It is hard to explain. That would be an interesting deck.

Papa Jim is a very nice company. Have ordered from them before they are honest and reliable!!!! Ask them so send you a free catalog.

WyrdRaven

A seller in Mexico City has Tarot de Santa Muerte (5 copies) available on EBay. Looks like a Majors-only deck.

Edited to Add: This looks like it may be a different deck than the one you mentioned at Papa Jim's.

Golden Moon

Actually, La Santisima Muerte means, "The Holy Death". She is the remains of the virgin Mary. She works along side with Jesus in bringing the souls of those who's time on earth has ran out;).

Golden Moon

This are the Santisima statues that I own. Now, I don't pray to her since I lack experience and she's not to be taken lightly.

This was given to me by 2 special friends. She came blessed to remove any unwanted karma and energies. Each color represents a situation such as love, money, health ect.
55qhwl.jpg

This one belongs to my sister. Her best friend gave it to her because of what it symbolizes. A new cycle. But I snatched it away from her:D. lol
211qygz.jpg

Sinduction

Those are beautiful! I will have to research her. I find it fascinating.

I have one deck that I think is the same figure but it is all in Spanish so I can't be sure. Actually, because it is in Spanish makes me think it is the same figure.

Golden Moon

Sinduction said:
Those are beautiful! I will have to research her. I find it fascinating.

I have one deck that I think is the same figure but it is all in Spanish so I can't be sure. Actually, because it is in Spanish makes me think it is the same figure.

Yes, they are the same. I looked up the cards that you were talking about in an orange box and those cards are used to work along with the statue. I believe it goes something like this. Say you wanted to ask her about what you needed to know about your best friend daisy and you shuffled the cards and drew one and it was The Devil it means that your friend daisy feels trapped and unable to push forward. Or if you needed to ask for a favor in regards to love so you drew the lovers card and placed it next to her in a small frame and asked her for a favor in regarding love. But it can be very chaotic when working with her. Depending on what you want for her to fulfill you need to get her certain things like a picture of a person, chocolate candies, or 7 rose petals. If it's a wrong deed that you need to hurt someone else, depending on the gravity of the damage, you will need certain things that you don't want to go looking for. Such a fresh cut tail from the rattle snake, the head of a snake, someones clothing, someones hair, blood from someone... and after you obtain all those things, you have to keep giving the same or something different to her or else what goes around comes around is going to bit your behind.

She's a ying/yang, she goes both ways. If you do an evil deed, you've signed a contract with her and have to obtain giving her things you don't want to get a hold of. If you do a good deed you will have to give her things you can easily or at times can't really get a hold of. The whole giving thing is a gratitude for her helping you.

Now, how on earth do I know this...? I'm of Latino heritage and I've been exposed to this since I was 16 years of age;).

Sanctum_Priest

I'd love to see some images of this deck. Can anyone oblige?