Thoth - Where would you start? Pls Help?

Richard

Tut Tut! here is a little web based corporal punshment........ "Thwack"........
Thanks! I deserve a few more, please! Then it's my turn. :D

Anyhow, when I see (or hear) the word "brainy" I think "nerd", and Thoth somehow doesn't seem like a nerd thing. But sure, Thoth from the perspective of the history of Tarot within occultism might be dry enough.

Lourdez

Wow thank you for all these very helpful replies. Every single one:)

Lourdez

Where do I find the 78 card study? Well how?

gregory

Where do I find the 78 card study? Well how?

Discussion thread

Links to individual threads

Join in anywhere you like; I'm getting towards the end, and am being chased by someone doing the RWS (I am glad of the company - don't get me wrong. If you start for the very beginning right now you will get rather lonely !) It is really good for you - this is my second shot - I did a completely different deck last time.

Abrac

I don't think understanding the Thoth has to be "hard" necessarily. It probably won't be light, and at times can get tedious, so you might find it "hard" to stick with, but if you do stick with it, it's not that hard to understand. You can make it as hard or easy on yourself as you want. Try something, and if you find yourself losing interest or getting bogged down, don't be afraid to switch gears for awhile. It'll all come together eventually.

ravenest

Thanks! I deserve a few more, please!

Take a break Roz, I'll step in here.

"Thawck" ... Thats for posting 'wrong' in big letters about someones comment.

"Thawck" ... Thats for doing it to a brand new person getting interested in Thoth.

"Thawck" ... thats for saying in that other post that all posts here were BS except yours.

"THAWK!" ... thats in case you think of doing it again.

Then it's my turn. :D

No its not, punsihment isnt about turns ... or fun; see last thread and posts on Book of the Law; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=191953

You only get to thwack us back if and when we do something as equally naughty!

oh yeah .... :joke:

Richard

Take a break Roz, I'll step in here.

"Thawck" ... Thats for posting 'wrong' in big letters about someones comment.

"Thawck" ... Thats for doing it to a brand new person getting interested in Thoth.

"Thawck" ... thats for saying in that other post that all posts here were BS except yours.

"THAWK!" ... thats in case you think of doing it again.

No its not, punsihment isnt about turns ... or fun; see last thread and posts on Book of the Law; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=191953

You only get to thwack us back if and when we do something as equally naughty!

oh yeah .... :joke:
Ouch! Taking over for Rosanne was not fair. I demand satisfaction! [throws down gauntlet]

gregory

Ouch! Taking over for Rosanne was not fair. I demand satisfaction! [throws down gauntlet]

No-one ever gets satisfaction from Rosanne. You may as well give in now.

But I still think the 78 card study is a really good way, as you really get INTO one card over a week. And it isn't so daunting reading everything said about ONE CARD as it is looking at BoT and starting to read, and thinking "I will NEVER get to terms wit this..."

Rosanne

No-one ever gets satisfaction from Rosanne. You may as well give in now.

Ummmmm.....smile...frown...giggle....frown...ummmm???

You are right- I did the 78 weeks with a deck by myself- just reading the threads...it was not that satisfying (oops word of the week!)Join the study group- for in my case Pride cometh before a fall. I should have joined in. A really good book on symbolism to sit alongside the 'puter would not go amiss.
Good to see your finger tips Gregs!!
~Rosanne

Zephyros

Children, stop your bickering or you're all going to your rooms!

Anyway, what I love about study of the occult is that it leads you to so many avenues of study that have nothing to do with each other. Through the Thoth especially I study not only about symbols but also science, nature, poetry, mathematics, philosophy, literature, psychology, chemistry, social and political sciences, art and its history... it really is a complete personal curriculum.