The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

swimming in tarot

Purrrrrrrfect, I don't think I've ever shown my "private" readings or my conclusions to anyone for comments or criticism, before signing up on this. (I still haven't shown anything; new primary deck arriving today???) But we all have to start somewhere. Heck, cherylleebest says she'd never touched a tarot deck before a couple of months ago, yet she's bravely posting. Why not join for the fun? Worst case, if it isn't working out for you, you can simply bow out.

epvitale

New blog posted. Daily Card Reflection. Today was the Seven of Wands.

And Purrrfect. Jump in the pool. The water's fine. Although I owned a tarot deck for 15 years I started studying and reading only three months ago. We are all here to learn regardless of level of competence.

And Gazel honey, don't worry. Continue to study your deck in the moments you can spare. We will still be here.

Gary

firecatpickles

Congratulations and good luck, Gazel! We will miss your posts.

Purrrrrfect, we are all beginners at tarot: there is always something more to learn. Join us!

cherylleebest

Purrrfect

Get involved! We can support each other.
I have never had anything to do with tarot but bought myself a cheap deck whilst browsing in the January sales. That is how much of a newb I am! I started having a go at readings and stumbed upon Aeclectic whilst researching card meanings. I found my way to this forum and thought "Just give it a go!".

At times have felt overwhelmed and a little intimidated by how sharp and how involved everyone is on the forum and particularly in this thread, but I've been really supported by everyone.

Be a Fool! xx

pangolin

I have a new post up on my blog.

souljourney

Well... I guess I'm changing my PDR back to the Pathfinders animals. I kind of miss them, but have gotten feedback a lot of you all do to. I may switch to a different tarot deck for a bit at some point soon.

Haven't received much in the way of comments on couple posts with the Faerie... I now have figured out why... I guess this must be a common opinion. So yes, I'll keep it, but guess it will be "a secret vice I have to hide"

magpie9 said:
I succumbed to this one, and "positive" does not even begin to cover it. It's dementedly cheerful. It's on Laughing Gas and speaks in a squeaky high voice. It's bubblegum. It's hyperactive, and you have to put velcro on the ceiling to keep track of it. It's the perfect deck for a 7 year old girl's slumber party.This deck is a secret vice you have to hide in public, like the gnomes and Barbie's you still play with when no one's looking. You could be laughed out of Grown-Up Tarot Town.
You really don't want this one if you have any self-respect at all, and want to keep it.
Trust me; I Know These Things.

Sometimes reading the de-enabling thread is bad if it's about decks you own. Some decks are liked so the de-enabling is light-hearted. All the negative comments on this one I think are really meant to be taken the way they are stated. Does anyone like this deck? Even faunabay (lover of all thing fae related!) got rid of it.

SherryZoned

SoulJourney I have not responded just because I have not been on much to check everyones blogs. Sorry! Also pmed you.

epvitale

Latest blog posted. Daily Draw reflections. Today's card, The 10 of Wands Reversed.

Gary

souljourney

I know everyone is busy so I'm sure that is part of it. Plus maybe there just isn't much to say. Someone else had said what I would have or the reader seems to have done a good job. I know these are reasons I don't comment sometimes.
Plus... I think I'm just in a crappy mood today a bit. This might have just sealed it for me... maybe I need the "overly happy" deck. LOL. Honestly I don't really feel that way about this deck particularly. I think the Gilded is just as positive as the Hertz Faerie.

I'm going to try to put a poll up?? on my Blog... please at least vote or comment on that to help me decide.

pangolin

(((Souljourney))) I voted in your poll. Sometimes you just need a "happy" deck. I guess that's what I've got going now with the Tarot Nova -- pretty much every reading makes me laugh. Stick with what's working for you!

And try to ignore the de-enabling thread -- there are hard-core de-enablers working furiously there to keep people from spending on decks they can't afford, and some savage words are written, all for a greater cause. I even posted nasty things there about the World Spirit, a deck I love. All for the greater good, LOL! So, just because someone says something horrible about your deck DOES NOT MEAN THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT! Strange but true. Still, I understand your pain -- I had to back away during a recent savaging of the Anna K, because I love it so much and I did not want to have all the bad stuff said about it burned into my memory. :(