Taurus vs. Capricorn

lunalafey

I work as a bartender, so I interact with alot of people.
I had one of my regular customers, who is a Taurus, say that Capricorns are Taurus wannabees....I had to say, 'How so? What makes you say that?'
She started in with stubborness and I said both are naturally stubborn.
It was a disscussion that I wanted to continue, but she got really defencive and said that we would not see eye to eye on the subject and did not want to talk about it. -well! I was not rude, did not deserve auch an attitude.
I wasn't trying to change her opinion, just share mine.
Regardless, I ended up being amused.
I tried to see where she might have come up with that opinion of Capricorns.
I see that both signs have alot in common, stubborness being one of them.
But the signs are very different as well. Some things that seem common, such as the Caps need for stuff and the Taurus' comfort with fine possessions are rooted in two very different fields. The Capi is practical with what they 'collect'- tools and such things that can be used, and the Taurus just wants it because it's pretty.

So what is my question?
Does a Capricorn want to be a Taurus?
{Cuz I think it's the other way around! ;)

little_redfox

Im not sure about the Capricorn being a Taurus wannabe, but my fathers a Capricorn, and my brothers a Taurus and youve never met such totally different people. They have such different temprements and different hobbies, and are both lovely people in their own right - but my brother isnt remotely interested in any of my dads hobbies and visa-versa (apart from old cars, but thats just a bloke thing isnt it ? hehe). They get on ok tho but they're a bit like chalk and cheese. I'd say they are VERY, very typical of their star signs too - to the degree that if a resonably knowledgable astrologer met them, they'd prolly quite easily guess lol :)

LRF x

Elven

Well, I dont know if Capricorns are wanna be Taureans, but Im a Capricorn whose best friend is a Taurean and we have been best of friends for 38 years - which is quite an achievement I think :).
Our relationship is one of complete admiration for the other. There is an unspoken understanding between us which would be hard to fathom. She is very forgiving and accepting. I am very supportive and compassionate. There is nothing that the other one does that freaks the other out. She knows me better than I know myself sometimes - which is a blessing, because I trust her sound judgement and she has been my saviour in many instances.
She has a great sense of humour which really appeals to me, and a generous nature. We compliment each other very well - as friends go.

So I think, as a Capricorn, it is more about admiration. Maybe it just takes a Capricorn and a Taurean 38 years to work that out! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

Leo62

lunalafey said:
So what is my question?
Does a Capricorn want to be a Taurus?
{Cuz I think it's the other way around! ;)

A Capricorn is a Taurus with ambition! ;)

Seriously - I have Capricorn ascendent and my partner has a Taurus moon - we get on pretty well. Both signs have stickability and don't give up easily (look at Elven's 38 year friendship!), but the downside of that is that both can be really, really stubborn. The tenacious goat and the determined bull can end up in a serious - and long-running - locking of horns. Neither is prepared to give ground when they think they are right. It really can be a case of the irresistable force versus the immovable object (guess which is which!).
Capricorn is a cardinal sign, whereas Taurus is fixed - and this points to a fundamental difference between the two. Cap likes to think it is going somewhere and doing something ALL the time - always looking for mountains to climb - whereas Taurus would rather take it easy, lounge on the sofa and enjoy a good meal.

To answer the question, I don't think either sign would want to be the other, because they both think their way is better...although I think Cap would like to be able to relax more like Taurus, and Taurus would like to be a bit more self-motivated like Cap, and actually get off that sofa and do something...!

Julien

Well, I just had to weigh in... I know you were talking about Sun signs, but I'm an Aries with a moon in Taurus and my Rising in Scorpio. I can pretty much match any Capricorn sun sign for stubbornness, ambition, structure and love of things... When I work, I really really work hard and with intensity. And when I relax, I really really relax... With intensity, you might say... Drives the Caps (in particular) in my life nuts -- which appears to be one of the major sun signs in my family so family reunions are most interesting... I tend to do better with Leos, Sagis and other Scorpios...

But I agree with Leo62 -- neither wants to be the other. Both are too certain their way is the best... Really. We are... ;)

Julien

isthmus nekoi

lunalafey,

I don't really think any sign necessarily wants to be another. It sounds more likely to me that your "regular" has issues w/Capricorn energy.

ncefafn

I'm a Taurus moon with a Capricorn ascendant, and I take issue with myself all the time.

Both my siblings and my father are Capricorn Suns. They're all very nice, easy-going people. I like Cappies. I like Tauruses (Tauri?). Neither sun sign has ever done me dirt, despite their inherent earthiness, or perhaps because of it.

I agree with Isthmus Nekoi -- your customer had issues. Probably just broke up with a Capricorn. :)

Kim

Julien

I second Isthmus Nekoi and Kim! (or is it third?). Someone had issues with someone else...

Julien

lunalafey

Leo62 said:
To answer the question, I don't think either sign would want to be the other, because they both think their way is better...although I think Cap would like to be able to relax more like Taurus, and Taurus would like to be a bit more self-motivated like Cap, and actually get off that sofa and do something...!

Well put- I so agree.

It sounds more likely to me that your "regular" has issues w/Capricorn energy.
I figured this as well, therefore did not mention that I was a Capricorn (a heavy one too). My guess is that it was a fellow female that caused such issues. (no break up with a cappie- I know that; he was a Libra)

Most Taurus' I have known have been male and most I have liked. It's that laid back, feet in the ground attitude.

great viewpoints, this is the sort of discussion I had hoped for at work....

squeakmo9

Elven said:
Well, I dont know if Capricorns are wanna be Taureans, but Im a Capricorn whose best friend is a Taurean and we have been best of friends for 38 years - which is quite an achievement I think :).
Our relationship is one of complete admiration for the other. There is an unspoken understanding between us which would be hard to fathom.

I totally agree with Elven, I am a Taurus (moon, sun, mercury, north node) and have been friends with a sun Cappie for 30 years and going. She is very funny, passionate (especially with her love of baseball-Yankees), and down to earth. Where she is wired, I'm laid back, where she's been much more open minded, I've been narrow minded. There are more times when she can go with the flow and I fight the current all the way and vice versa. She works smart while I just work hard (yes, we do get off the couch, sometimes:))
and yet we share similar philosophies and ultimately believe the glass is half full rather than empty. We truly do compliment each other. The only draw back is that on that rare occasion when I make a new friend, I initially expect that same comfy feeling with the new person as I do with my Cappie buddy.