horse shoe spread

mrsjvan

I have read about several people using the horse shoe spread, but do not know how to do it. I did a search to no avail. Can anyone help me find the spread or tell me how the spread goes?

Thanks,
Mrsjvan

mrsjvan

thank you Pollux. I will try that one. :)

Umbrae

My Horseshoes

Five Card Horseshoe

1. Recent Past
2. Present
3. The Unexpected
4. Near Future
5. Further Future

(Near future = 2 weeks)

Seven Card Horseshoe

1. Recent Past
2. Present
3. Hopes and Fears
4. The Unexpected
5. The Gate
6. Near Future
7. Further Future

(Near future = 2 weeks, Further 4-6 weeks)

(Hopes and fears = Internal influence. Unexpected = hidden external influence. The Gate = that which must be experienced - the lesson)

errors edited

allibee

Re: My Horseshoes

Umbrae said:
Five Card Horseshoe

1. Recent Past
2. Present
3. The Unexpected
4. Near Future
5. Further Future

(Near future = 2 weeks, Further 4-6 weeks)

This is my horseshoe too and but I always now lay two cards in each position, because it gives me a clearer reading.
Also, if occasion demands, I exchange 4. Near future for Advice, and 5. Further Future for Outcome, but only occasionally.

This is the spread I always start with to get a good 'feel' of the situation.

allibee

mrsjvan

Thanks all, I look forward to trying them out. I don't have many people to read for so it may be a while, although i do read for myself and my husband. I appreciate the help.

mrsjvan

Umbrae

Re: Re: My Horseshoes

allibee said:
...I always now lay two cards in each position, because it gives me a clearer reading.
allibee

I too very often use two cards at each position. Then as opposed to reading either card, I read the relationship between both cards at each position.

Not recommended for the novice reader.

allibee

Re: Re: Re: My Horseshoes

Umbrae said:
I too very often use two cards at each position. Then as opposed to reading either card, I read the relationship between both cards at each position.

Yes definately!

It can be a good starting point also for a complicated relationship too, I've found, as invariably one 'side' relates to one party and the other, the second party. That interaction can speak volumes.

allibee