Quantum Tarot: The Queen Wands

nisaba

I am an Earth sign and nowdays I identify as a Queen Pentacles, but from the 1970s through to twelve or fifteen years ago, I identified strongly as a Queen Wands. And frankly, I miss her in myself. And I'm not altogether comfortable with missing her.

As befits a Queen of Fire, the card glows with yellows and oranges. Bottom right-hand corner, the symbol for Venus is also the symbol for womanhood. A shallow orange ocean of goodness knows what heated, corrosive chemicals laps at our feet. An intense young woman squints through the light, looking over our right shoulder, trying to see something of crucial interest behind us. Three upright Wands demark space as flagpoles might, through the boiling air and the glowing Heliocanthus blazing away in the sky, top-right, like a too-close sun.

This woman is not focussed on the here and now. She has Plans. The Wands are tools to her, she'll even use them to pole-vault if it gets her there quicker. The glowing sunflower and its nutritious seed-head offer her its cheerfulness and energy to get her through whatever she has to do to achieve her goal, yet her femininity is never in question.

I am busy yes, and I am future-focussed yes; but I really, really miss having my own inner Queen Wands to call on when I need her.

swimming in tarot

This is one of my favourite cards. The Queen has plans, goals, ambitions. She almost frowns in concentration, and is perhaps willing us to get with the programme. She looks out of the card with burning energy, and frankly, I wouldn't want to get in her way. When I draw this card, book meanings fall to the wayside, and the message of the card seems to be "get on with it!"
I find this Queen to be almost leonine. There is something about one of the big cats in her expression, and there's usually a cat on this card in other decks. How much of this is deliberate, and how much is happy coincidence, I cannot tell--but the woman whose likeness this is, is a Leo, and does indeed have the drive to get projects accomplished!

nisaba

swimming in tarot said:
but the woman whose likeness this is, is a Leo, and does indeed have the drive to get projects accomplished!
<interested> Yeah? do tell ...

nisaba

To me, the sunflower finished off the card nicely. Sunflowers are so happy - before they are pollinated. They are not about heat, they are about shining, yellow, open faces, ready to take on the world. They are the ultimate optimist in the vegetable kingdom. That is, until they get pollinated, and their heads get dragged down with the weight of a pregnanc- ... er ... of a seed-ball. The Queen Wands may or may not be happy in her current lot in life, but she looks for ways out, she sees ways out, and she never loses hope in the future, working towards it as steadily as she is able.

Leo62

swimming in tarot said:
but the woman whose likeness this is, is a Leo, and does indeed have the drive to get projects accomplished!
:D

Thank-you swimming :heart: I can only say that I was probably having a low blood sugar moment when Chris took the photo for this card ;)

It's very odd to see oneself on a tarot card, but all in all I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. The QoW does tally quite well with my creative personality, though in real life I'm probably much more like the Knight of Pentacles...

This card does give a strong impression of the heat and intensity of the planet Venus, with its seething, poisonous gasses and fierce heat. A more benign way of experiencing Venus is as the morning or evening star, twinkling gently in the lee of the moon.

Attachments

• QuantumCards-35.jpg
    QuantumCards-35.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 592

nisaba

Leo62 said:
Thank-you swimming :heart: I can only say that I was probably having a low blood sugar moment when Chris took the photo for this card ;)
<doubles up coughing>

<wipes eyes>

Your Majesty!

The 78th Fool

As a pun, we both appear as a court card. The photos for these were quickly taken in my back garden during one of our work sessions. We then immediately began work on the images themselves. I appear on The King of Pentacles.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• QuantumCards-78.jpg
    QuantumCards-78.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 593

nisaba

<grin> Doesn't work the second time - I've already had that moment of shock.