Kissa

one more pic: the whole deck!

here it is:

Attachments

• 29.12.2005 044.jpg
    29.12.2005 044.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 437

thinbuddha

Those look really nice. Thanks for sharing!

Annabelle

Oh Kissa . . . it's beautiful!! The edges look so even! Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

I trimmed one of my large Thoth decks several months back one evening during a storm, when the electricity was out. Working by candlelight and using only a large pair of sharp scissors, I finished the entire deck in a couple of hours, and the results were good. Not perfect, by any means, but I'm very happy with it.

Kissa

Annabelle4 said:
I trimmed one of my large Thoth decks several months back one evening during a storm, when the electricity was out. Working by candlelight and using only a large pair of sharp scissors, I finished the entire deck in a couple of hours

oh my! Annabelle4, you're a natural!!!!

candle light + scissors, you're defintely my trimming hero!!! :)

kissa

Little Baron

Your deck looks fabulous Kissa!!!! Really brings the colour out.

LB

Kissa

LittleBuddha said:
Your deck looks fabulous Kissa!!!! Really brings the colour out.

LB

blame yaboot! he made me do it!!! :D :D

honestly, (keep in mind that i am no trimming hero like Annabelle4) but with the right tools and extreme motivation due to being pissed with white borders and keywords, it was a piece of cake, just under two hours for the all thing.

actually taking good pictures of this deck is much more tricky! ;)

kissa

Dean

U.k

Hi Kissa,
thanks for posting me some info earlier, i will now get on trimming mine after seeing how fantastic your Thoth looks.

rainwolf

I had the same problem with the regular size thoth--it is much too small when cut. After I had cut it, I loved the pictures, but it felt miniscule in my hands. So I traded them off, and luckily someone was nice enough here (thanks smokey!!) to trade me the big Thoth.

All I used was a pair of scissors (not all that sharp) and a corner trimmer (a must if you don't want to poke yourself). A little time and focus of cutting along the edge of the card and I was satisfied with an adequately close cut, even without machine. They are not as perfect as when I got them, but when I shuffle, I don't even notice (and its actually one of those things that gets to me if it it too off). It seems like its used, not cut unevenly.

Even though you are not a machine, it doesn't mean that using scissors on a deck will leave you with a botch. There's not really anything to be afraid of.

Abrac

Wow, those look really nice Kissa!

I've not trimmed any borders, but I can attest to the benefits of sanding. I bought an unusal Hanson-Roberts awhile back that had little bumps all around the cards like they came from a sheet of punch-outs or something. I wrapped some fine black sandpaer around a piece of wood as described by Dwass and sanded them down. It didn't hurt the cards at all.

-fof

thinbuddha

Well, I did it.

After cutting, sanding and scoring the edges, it's like a well used (professionally cut) deck. I found the scoring necessary, because it didn't feel (shuffle) right until I did it.

I love it. It is really strange looking at the cards after all this time seeing them with the borders and titles. I'm going to have to learn some things I thought I knew. But it really does seem like a HUGE improvement to the deck....

Of course- it's like a whole new deck to me..... Ask me in six months if I still like the trimmed version better than the untrimmed.