LS Secret Tarot - LWB

sharpchick

I've had my deck for a couple of months now, but have just now gotten around to taking an in-depth look at it.

Is it just me, or is there a major disconnect between the artwork on the cards and a good number of the interpretations in the little white book?

And what is the connection between the story of the Major Arcana and the stories of the four kingdoms?

I like the art on the vast majority of the cards (I could do with another Hierophant, though), but I think I'll file the LWB and just read it intuitively.

PeterS

I am with you!

I was just thinking that same thing this morning.

I have been using the Secret Tarot for my daily draws for a couple of months.

There are cards I love, but there are a couple that just turn me off on this deck. I believe that when I am done with this deck and my daily draws I fear that this deck may end up in the storage drawer with a bunch of other decks.

Peter

strings of life

Reviving this thread...

I received this deck via a trade/sale on the forum and simply love it. The illustrations, the darkness, the slickness, the hidden depth, the vacancy in the facial expressions, the honesty and even the sexiness. I can see why the woman is running towards the celebration, freeing herself entirely by the removing the weights of her clothing in the 4 of Wands.

Oh, and that LWB. Had it not been for a review by Cerulean on Amazon, I might have slipped it into my LWB storage box, but instead I read it before bed last night.

Best. LWB. Ever. (Well, aside from the LWB from the Dark Angels (another LoS beauty.)

See sharpchick, I get the story and appreciate that it was included in the LWB. You can see the main character's journey through the Major Arcana and I feel like it brings so much depth to the cards. I find it very creative. And, the four kingdoms? Those stories merely add and the element to the Secret world and you can imagine those stories when reading the cards.

Sanctum_Priest

Wrt LWB: I found that the story of the Kingdom of Sorrow (Swords) clearly followed the cards (there were about two sentences on each card) but when I tried to map some fo the other Kingdom stories onto the cards in order it didn't quite work.

bjmeacham

Re:

I recently purchased the mini Secret Tarot deck. I would really like to get a copy of the little white book (LWB) that is enclosed with the full size deck. I heard that Lo Scarabeo used to post a downloadable LWB for the Secret Tarot on their website, but when I went to the link to find it, it wasn't there. I was unable to find anywhere on their website. I wanted to know if anyone would send me a file with of their downloadable LWB, or direct me to a link where I could download it. Thank you very much if anyone has any suggestions or can help.

strings of life

bjmeacham said:
I recently purchased the mini Secret Tarot deck. I would really like to get a copy of the little white book (LWB) that is enclosed with the full size deck. I heard that Lo Scarabeo used to post a downloadable LWB for the Secret Tarot on their website, but when I went to the link to find it, it wasn't there. I was unable to find anywhere on their website. I wanted to know if anyone would send me a file with of their downloadable LWB, or direct me to a link where I could download it. Thank you very much if anyone has any suggestions or can help.
I can make a photo copy and mail it to you. If you are interested, send me a PM with your address. I can send it out next week :).

bjmeacham

Re:

aurarcana said:
I can make a photo copy and mail it to you. If you are interested, send me a PM with your address. I can send it out next week :).

Thank you so much:) I will send a pm immediately!

strings of life

bjmeacham said:
Thank you so much:) I will send a pm immediately!
Got it! I'll include it in our trade package from my sale thread :thumbsup:.

alec

Hi Aurarcana,

This Secret Tarot has been on my wantlist for a while now. After reading this thread, sounds like a deck to pick up. Would you recommend it?

Alec

strings of life

^ I just saw this post. I like it since it isn't a strict RWS deck. It's a bit dark and edgy as well. If you like this style of art, it is worth checking out.

Post a trade ISO ;).