Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 14 - #104

mooncat2

:) Wonderful images, purple_scorp & tink...........very evocative.

Feelings of waiting, weary resignation, sadness and being alone. Flickers of hope.

When I first saw purple_scorps my immediate thought was of the tiny square window you see in prison cell doors. A man incarcerated for a long time in a dark place.

Tinks old man suffers too in his own dark space but that dove is beautiful. He has faith....... a belief in something better to come.

Winter to spring............. Death/Rebirth.

Looking at both these men I wonder............is it Death that they wait for..........the final release from the darkness of their lives.

Or am I being too morbid today. ;)

tink27

purple_scorp said:
Tink, oh my goodness. You painted that! Wow. It is fantastic. Wow, now I want to see more of your paintings. Wow, wow, wow. I loved it and it fits perfectly with this symbol.

I remember drawing this one night when asking a question about boat-bottomed boy. As a GoldMiner, he was used to spending time alone, down a dark hole.....such a sense of isolation and sadness. Self-inflicted in GM's case.

with love
purple_scorp

Thanks purple_scorp, you're so kind! It was your initiative and creativeness that allowed me to place this painting here. Since you've posted your images here, lots of stuff is happening on the inside of me!! And it all good!!!

tink :love:

tink27

mooncat2 said:
:) Wonderful images, purple_scorp & tink...........very evocative.

Feelings of waiting, weary resignation, sadness and being alone. Flickers of hope.

When I first saw purple_scorps my immediate thought was of the tiny square window you see in prison cell doors. A man incarcerated for a long time in a dark place.

Tinks old man suffers too in his own dark space but that dove is beautiful. He has faith....... a belief in something better to come.

Winter to spring............. Death/Rebirth.

Looking at both these men I wonder............is it Death that they wait for..........the final release from the darkness of their lives.

Or am I being too morbid today. ;)

Hi mooncat2,

No you're not being morbid. I think that you and I and purple_scorp are all in agreement with this one! Yes I think it is Death they wait for, but not a physical death but as you say a rebirth.....freeing ourselves from old weaknesses.....which will not die but will be buried under the new ones. This I think is a symbol of perserverance. And if we aren't vigiliant in what we want, the old patterns will at some time surface again. We've all experienced this symbol, over and over again.

purple_scorp said:
I remember drawing this one night when asking a question about boat-bottomed boy. As a GoldMiner, he was used to spending time alone, down a dark hole.....such a sense of isolation and sadness. Self-inflicted in GM's case.

This makes me feel that when this symbol is afflicted, this type of person could make the sunniest weather appear dark and overcast. And if this person would be unable to sit in the 'dark' they would find work or something to do that would be in solitude.

tink

Sophie

I have just drawn this Sabian Symbol, together with The Star tarot card - an exciting synchronicity. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that this Symbol falls on the degree of Sirius (Cancer 14), which also happens to be the 4th of July. Sirius, the Dogstar, is supposed to be the Star in the star card - the star of Isis, which announced the floods of the Nile and the renewal of the land.

So though there is much bleakness in the image of an old man staring into a dark space, there is also the hope of the Star, of Sirius, bringing new life and fertility.

From Egypt, the North-East is the Levant - Palestine/Israel, Lebanon, Syria - traditionally lands of civilisation and spirituality in the Ancient World. So looking to the North East, in addition to be the direction of prayer, would also be that of divine inspiration - and of human civilisation, of the manifestation of our specifically human contributions (e.g. writing, literature, cities, agriculture, art & technology). Without the spirit to guide us, and without the application of our enthusiastic minds and inventiveness, without our desire to build our civilisation, we cannot take advantage of new life. We just vegetate while the nourishing floods come and go.

Perhaps the old man is drawing strength from the hope of the star, in order to inspire him, and others, to revive his enthusiasm and find meaning and work in the new life?

MCsea

Oh Fudugazi

Thank you so much for this information! Bless you indeed.
I have been meditating on Sirius for the past few weeks, since my beloved Cassie (my Newfoundland puppy dog - nearly 8 years old - kindred spirit - life long friend- familiar) suddenly and unexpectedly transitioned (peacefully in her own dignified graceful loving way). And reading your post has given me such joy..
I have been standing in the back yard, connecting with Sirius the Dog star - Cassie was named Cassie after the constellation of Cassiopeia, since we cant see that where I live, I have been connecting to THE DOG STAR, and it has given me so much hope peace and comfort...

May be not an old man looking to the east rather a woman in deep grief looking toward the light ! AND she found it :)

thank you

MARINA

Fudugazi said:
I have just drawn this Sabian Symbol, together with The Star tarot card - and exciting synchronicity. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that this Symbol falls on the degree of Sirius (Cancer 14), which also happens to be the 4th of July. Sirius, the Dogstar, is supposed to be the Star in the star card - the star of Isis, which announced the floods of the Nile and the renewal of the land.

So though there is much bleakness in the image of an old man staring into a dark space, there is also the hope of the Star, of Sirius, bringing new life and fertility.

From Egypt, the North-East is the Levant - Palestine/Israel, Lebanon, Syria - traditionally lands of civilisation and spirituality in the Ancient World. So looking to the North East, in addition to be the direction of prayer, would also be that of divine inspiration - and of human civilisation, of the manifestation of our specifically human contributions (e.g. writing, literature, cities, agriculture, art & technology). Without the spirit to guide us, and without the application of our enthusiastic minds and inventiveness, without our desire to build our civilisation, we cannot take advantage of new life. We just vegetate while the nourishing floods come and go.

Perhaps the old man is drawing strength from the hope of the star, in order to inspire him, and others, to revive his enthusiasm and find meaning and work in the new life?

tink27

MCsea said:
Oh Fudugazi

Thank you so much for this information! Bless you indeed.
I have been meditating on Sirius for the past few weeks, since my beloved Cassie (my Newfoundland puppy dog - nearly 8 years old - kindred spirit - life long friend- familiar) suddenly and unexpectedly transitioned (peacefully in her own dignified graceful loving way). And reading your post has given me such joy..
I have been standing in the back yard, connecting with Sirius the Dog star - Cassie was named Cassie after the constellation of Cassiopeia, since we cant see that where I live, I have been connecting to THE DOG STAR, and it has given me so much hope peace and comfort...

May be not an old man looking to the east rather a woman in deep grief looking toward the light ! AND she found it :)

thank you

MARINA

Ohh Marina,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a pet that is also our best friend. My thoughts and condolences reach out to you at this time.

Lot of hugs

tink27

Fudugazi said:
I have just drawn this Sabian Symbol, together with The Star tarot card - an exciting synchronicity. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that this Symbol falls on the degree of Sirius (Cancer 14), which also happens to be the 4th of July. Sirius, the Dogstar, is supposed to be the Star in the star card - the star of Isis, which announced the floods of the Nile and the renewal of the land.

Hi Fudugazi,

I honestly had no idea this placement was in connection with the Sirius Star. I find everyday I’m learning new and exciting things about the Sabian Symbols and this is definitely one of them.

Looking at this symbol, and the tarot card, The Star…..this is what I contemplated and wrote in the wee early hours with my first cup of coffee! I could definitely be on the wrong track here and appreciate being set straight.

In regard to your specific question…..some things in our world never change and we are confident that these things never will. For instance night falls with the knowing a new day will begin. There is a schematic in the Universe that will never change. But in learning and growing individually, there are some things that haven’t changed that need to change…..and this was agreed upon between this man and others. Only something happened, what they promised didn’t come through. And their cooperation with this issue was and is extremely important…..it warranted a great deal of time and energy…..time and energy this old man put into it. What he’s coping with now is not only detrimental to himself, it also involves his family, his friends…….they too have been deprived…..which also affects the whole of humanity.

“You’re right”, the others say, “we don’t dare make anymore promises we are unable to keep.” And these words hurt even as they are forced to say them. “We’ve made a mess of things and need to set things straight."

Yes, I do feel there needs to be some real housecleaning here….within and without. Whatever reason this is happening right now, there is a priceless treasure here to hold onto and learn from.

This is not a time of comparing, of listing priorities……this old man and people are suffering and that is the direct problem he’s dealing with right now……this should be his main focus…..he shouldn’t care about anything else. We all have our limitations and there’s only so much One can take. Whatever is happening to this old man, it needs to get settled once and for all…..before he takes one step further. He needs to make sure other’s understand his needs. He needs to look at what their promises were, and which ones they truly are willing to live up to now. This is about gaining a victory for oneself which the old man can be confident will also help his family and the whole of humanity.

But in order to this, he needs to disperse the darkness around him first. He too needs to let go of any false hopes and open himself to his own truths…..as each truth is revealed one by one, they will lift his light up. His unconscious love for this distant star and this star’s love for him, will make his light rise and begin to shine.

MCsea

tink27 said:
Ohh Marina,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a pet that is also our best friend. My thoughts and condolences reach out to you at this time.

Lot of hugs

Hugs - and thank you, yes she was so special to me... she was my best friend but it must be time for me to stand on my own for a while...
lots of tears here obviously..
thank you for your kind words...

MARINA

purple_scorp

Oh Marina,

what an emotional couple of weeks you've had. (((((MARINA))))) my thoughts are with you too......it's nice that you can find comfort in the beautiful night sky. I hope that you move through the grieving process as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Fudugazi, I didn't know of the Sirius connection either......thanks for enlightening me. That now opens up new realms which I'll share at some other point.

While there might be the hope and the light of the star, there is still an undeniably dark feel about this card. Does the man in my image know of the star? Is there a glimmer of hope in his eyes? You see, help may very well be close-by but, he won't be ready for it - or may not even see it, unless he's ready to own his own stuff.

I wrote earlier in this thread that this symbol reminded me of an ex-partner (GoldMiner) and he rang me on Saturday after five months of no contact.......synchronicistically, I was just emailing tink about it and unbeknown to me - here we all are, writing again in this thread.

I tried so hard to guide him, to point him to the light, and with every step forward, he regressed a further two. In the end, I had to love him and leave him and interestingly, he is still at the very same place he was (spiritually, emotionally, mentally) the last time I saw him.

He is surrounded by darkness and aloneness but it's his own doing. I reached out my hand to pull him clear but, he did not see or feel it. I don't know how he will move forward (or if he ever will). Maybe knowing that I have moved forward will provide him with the impetus to move forward himsElf?

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
Oh Marina,

what an emotional couple of weeks you've had. (((((MARINA))))) my thoughts are with you too......it's nice that you can find comfort in the beautiful night sky. I hope that you move through the grieving process as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Thank you for your kind words, yes it has been a particularly testing 5 months - pushing my faith in every direction... hugs

MARINA