Victorian Romantic - Strength

strings of life

A woman, who appears to be a lion trainer, stands among the pack. They seem extremely comfortable around her, as does she around them. There is a sense of balance: two lions and two lionesses, a total of four. Things have come together and whatever it is works right now.

The positions of the lions are all different. A lion stairs to the right, representing action. He seems to serve as a reminder to be cool, calm, and collected. A lioness stares forward straight forward at us, her expression calm expression an assurance for us to trust her [or ourselves]. Another lioness stands on his hind legs, faces a wall, and looks up above; his front paws not visible to us. The last lion also stands up on his hind legs and has positioned himself right in front of the woman. She appears to have her eyes closed and is taming the lion, who seems completely under her control. Her arm to the right pets his mane and her left hand caresses the side of his open mouth as he roars. Although he is roaring, he won’t harm her since he is in her complete control.

The woman wears a red gown symbolic of passion, desire, control and will. There is a gold star on the lower part of her dress, mirroring the color of lions fur, symbolic of her growth. The pink sash which is part white and red could represent her innocence and trust to achieve what she desires. In this case, she has conquered her fears inside and out.

There is a wonderful sense of confidence in this card. It takes courage to combat what feels foreign or unknown to us, but sometimes a risk needs to be taken in order to find out what the outcome can be. Strength comes from within and doesn’t need to be taken by force.

Pam O

Confident, contentment, power, compassion, union, pride combined w/ respect.
These are a few words that come to me as I gaze at this card.

Scan attached.

ETA: I uploaded a new scan with the website impregnated as a safeguard to protect from copyright pirates.

Attachments

• VR Strength-c.jpg
    VR Strength-c.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 96

Pam O

I continue to ponder this VR Strength card. I wonder about the stone wall. It could mean different things depending on a specific reading. It's a huge wall, and looks to be a very strong wall also. Is the woman against the stone wall by choice, or is she there because someone else is trying to trap her in a dungeon? The phrase, "her back is against the wall" comes to mind. She certainly portrays confidence, so even if it is not her choice to be here, she is doing what she feels needs to be done given her situation...

The male lion sitting to her right looks very regal and protective. The lioness who's head rests on that male's back looks like she has immense love and compassion, and she also looks very protective of both the male lion and the woman, and she seems to be "protecting his backside" from any possible danger. She is currently calm, but she has the potential to spring to ferocious action at anytime if provoked to do so, the same as any of the 4 lions. This VR card is also unique that it does have the 4 lions and the lady is the 5th character pictured.

The woman is dressed for in a very elegant red evening gown. Maybe she is in a castle courtyard, rather than a dungeon since she is wearing this fabulous dress? There does seem to be a lot of light (sunlight?) illuminating this drama pictured here. The red shows power. Her dress is also very elegant and her right arm, shoulder, and part of her back are exposed. She seems to be wearing expensive jewelry. The jeweled band on her upper right arm seems to symbolizing something that still eludes me at this moment. She does look quite toned muscularly. So the woman looks to be physically strong, although the lions have infinitely more physical strength than her.

The lion she is working with seems to have great respect, and probably great love for her. Otherwise, there would be no reason for him to "perform" the actions in teamwork with the lady. The lioness to the right of the "performing" lion looks to be maybe learning and possibly preparing to mimic the stance of the male. The lion the woman is working with certainly seems to have his own free will. To me, the lion chooses to respect and do as the lady instructs him. Since each of the 4 lions are all far stronger than the woman physically, any one of them could eliminate the woman quickly and decisively. But there seems to be no danger to the woman at this time due to the lions' respect, compassion and love.

I wonder if these lions and the lady have spent hours training together, or is it an initial meeting where they just instinctively have great respect & compassion for each other? The group all seems very comfortable together. It seems like they have had extensive bonding time, but there are times that you meet another and you immediately feel a strong compassion, respect, etc, almost instinctively. Hmmmm, "instinct", that would be a strong characteristic of lions in general...

Looking forward to getting thoughts from others. :)
The VR is especially wonderful for being able to create so many different possible story lines from the cards...

OK, now it's time to "focus" my Strength willfully on our magazine publishing business rather than "playing" here on AT. :)

NikkiB

Hi Guys

Hope you dont mind me joining in. I've just pulled this card for a reading and am looking at it and I cannot work out what is to the right of the lion that is stood upright ...

it looks to me like a person with an animal head and thier hand is reaching towards the rearing lion... looking at your descriptions about it talks of another lioness but I cant see that, I can only see the person in a jack with a hand reaching towards the rearing lion with some kind of animal head which doesnt look lion to me :(

I've blown it up on the computer and I still cant work it out!

I see four lions... the lioness with her head over the males back, the rearing lion and the lion sitting on the right corner and then this ???? behind the rearing lion!

Pam O

Hey NikkiB, GREAT to have you join in. :D
The more views, the more depth we can dig into in the picture.

It is interesting how we see different things. Maybe we could ask Karen Mahony what the real deal is? I'm still looking to see if I can see what you are describing.

NikkiB

Yes I suppose that's what makes us read differently...

What do you see to the right of the rearing lion behin him? Can u see the hand just behind the lions back and arm? I've blown it up as much as pixels will allow and I can't make the head out clearly...